Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fixitdad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2006, 08:58 PM
    Replacement drain for 2" copper raiser
    Ok,
    I have tile person coming to pour the new shower pan and tile mysoon to be new shower. All I have left to do is put in a new shower drain. The shower drains through a 2 inch copper pipe. The old brass or iron drain was welded ( I guess) on to the pipe. I knocked the heck out of it with a chisel got it off without harming my drain pipe. What kind of replacement drain do I put in place and how do I do it so that it is ready for the next step?

Thanks.

Michael
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 4, 2006, 08:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fixitdad
    Ok,
    I have tile person coming to pour the new shower pan and tile mysoon to be new shower. All I have left to do is put in a new shower drain. The shower drains through a 2 inch copper pipe. The old brass or iron drain was welded ( I guess) on to the pipe. I knocked the heck out of it with a chisel got it off without harming my drain pipe. What kind of replacement drain do I put in place and how do I do it so that it is ready for the next step?

Thanks.

Michael
    Hi Michael,

Back da truck up you got me confused. Ya can't mud and tile a shower without a composeal shower pan. And a shower pan goes down over a flange type shower drain,( see image) Custom shower pans are folded without seams to custom fit the shower enclosure. They are installed by the plumber at the same time he installs the drain. Then the drain's blocked off and the shower pan is filled with water to test for leaks. I see no mention of a shower pan in your post. Have I missed something? Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"Just for Copper" cold weld [ 3 Answers ]

At Ace Hardware (and probably other places) there is an item called "Just For Copper" which comes in an Elmer's Glue like plastic bottle. It is a cold weld for copper pipes (brass too) under 2". I have used it in places where I am temporarily putting on an end cap on. It is easy to use since you...

Sautering 2" copper to 2" brass [ 2 Answers ]

Note sure if this is the right forum... my husband is in construction at work right now and they have asked me to find out how to sauter 2" copper to 2" brass? Is this possible... if so how? :D Thanks for any input. CORRECTION: What material do you use to fill in when sautering copper to...

3/4" copper pipe for washer drain? [ 20 Answers ]

Parents moved into new ranch style house, and bought new washer/dryer. Drain for washer is what looks like a 1" copper stub with a 3/4" conversion fitting on it. Its about 6" off the ground. plastic bendable hose drain for washer has a rubber gasket-type fitting around it which fits in 2" PVC...

Monitor "standbying" after replacement of fans [ 6 Answers ]

This problem has been solved - solution at the bottom. My PC: Windows XP Home AMD 64 3000+ 1 GB RAM NVIDIA 6800 LE 128 MB Asus K8N motherboard - and I never clock ---------------

4" Copper sewer union [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I'm wondering what's the best way to tap into my 4" copper sewer pipe. Here's the thing, I need to add a 1 1/2" waste line into the sewer pipe in my basement (which runs across one basement wall). Would I be best to use a PVC T (or wye connection) and reduce the pipe size to that, or should I...

View more questions Search