Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    c4him4c Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2007, 06:39 PM
    Hot water disappears after installing a new bathroom faucet
    We remodeled our bathroom. Part of the remodel was installing 2 new bathroom sinks and faucets.

Tonight my husband finished by installing the final faucet. That is the only thing he did. After installing it, when we turned on any hot water in the entire house, it comes out for a few seconds then trickles to barely a stream. The hot water heater sounds like it is filling for just those few seconds and then it stops.

Before he did this we had no problems at all with our hot water heater or pressure. We have a 1 year old electric hot water heater. We live in an 8 year old 28 x 60 mobile home. Help!
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2007, 07:43 PM
    You have a drain valve at the bottom of the water heater, connect a water hose on it and open the valve and see how fast the water runs out of the hose. Also listen and se if you hear the noise like the water heater filling.
    If you have lots of water coming out of the hose that will tell you that it is not the inlet of the water heater. From there you need to check the water coming out on the hot side. Do you have any knid of turn off valve on the hot water side of the heater.
    I think the noise you hear is the water that comes out of the faucets with a force is the water that is pressurized in the lines, but as the pressure drops and you turn off the faucet the noise is the water coming out of the heater and building pressure in the hot water pipe again.

I have an idea the inlet side of your water heater is restricted and that is why you hear the noise at the heater. Let me know if this helps you.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2007, 08:01 PM
    Although there could be crud in the lines, did you drain the hot water heater?

If so, you must let the air flow out to a faucet. If you left the power on to an empty tank, you may have burned the elements out. If once you have water flowing out the tank and it doesn't heat, you will have to replace the elements.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold water coming out of hot water tap in bathroom but Really hot water in kitchen [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone give me a reason as to why nearly completely cold water is coming out of my hot water tap in my bathroom but when I run the hot water tap in the kitchen the water is nearly boiling. The hot water and cold water taps are separate in the bathroom, where the kitchen has a handle which...

No hot water from tub faucet; all others - very hot [ 2 Answers ]

Every hot water faucet in my house produces scalding hot water. EXCEPT the upstairs tub/shower. From that faucet we only get lukewarm water. Why? What should be replaced? bradsmithmm

Hot water run in bathroom cuts out hot water in kitchen [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, Currently in our bungalow, if we run hot water in the bath & also run hot water in the kitchen tap, after a few seconds water from the kitchen taps stops. If we turn off the bath tap, water still refuses to flow from the kitchen tap. My wife knows a little about the history of the...

No Hot Water Pressure in Bathroom Cartridge Faucet [ 7 Answers ]

I have no hot water pressure in one of my sinks in the Master bath. All other faucets in the bathroom are fine and cold water comes out of the problematic faucet with ease. I have reviewed some of the similar posts and opened up my single handle faucet to clean the cartridge. The cartridge was...

Low hot water pressure from kichen faucet only- 1 handle faucet [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. My question is similar to one asked a few posts ago except this is a 1 handle faucet. I plan on maintaining the boiler from now on but I have to fix the flow problem first. I disconnected the hot water supply line to the faucet and the pressure is excellent so I assume the problem is in the...

View more questions Search