Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jekwjk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2007, 04:07 PM
    Installing angle-stop
    I need to replace my angle-stops for my kitchen sink. Never done it before. It seems easy, but I want to make sure before I do it, that I'm doing it correctly. Appreciate it, in advance.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 24, 2007, 05:36 PM
    Shut off the main supply and remove the old stop. You didn't mention if this is PVC, copper or galvanized but buy the correct replacement like your old one. If the pipe is threaded use three full wraps of white teflon tape before screwing on the new stop. Before doing this work maybe you can tell us why you want to replace the stop, leaking? If its leaking make sure the handle is fully opened and then try tightening the small nut at the base of the stem.
    jekwjk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2007, 09:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1
    Shut off the main supply and remove the old stop. You didn't mention if this is PVC, copper or galvanized but buy the correct replacement like your old one. If the pipe is threaded use three full wraps of white teflon tape before screwing on the new stop. Before doing this work maybe you can tell us why you want to replace the stop, leaking?? If its leaking make sure the handle is fully opened and then try tightening the small nut at the base of the stem.

Sorry, copper lines. Line to dishwasher is leaking. Old hard line. I want to replace it with a new ball valve with flex water supply line
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 25, 2007, 05:12 PM
    The kine to the dishwasher is likely a flexible cooper line with compression fittings. Try making the laeking fitting more snug with a good fit box wrench. If that fails then go ahead with thereplacement. I'd stick with a fleex cooper and not a reinforced nylon line.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Angle stop valve [ 3 Answers ]

Do you have any idea on how to install a stop valve under a bathroom sink? Thanks R. Koehn

Replacing hot water angle stop to shut off valve [ 5 Answers ]

My angle stop seems to be soldered to copper piping. How do I change it to keep the hot water shut oof valve from leaking water when turned off?

Installing ceiling fan on 70 degree angle [ 3 Answers ]

Help I am trying to install a ceiling fan on a sloped ceiling, 70 egree angle. I am just replacing the one the builder put in, but I can't find one that will fit that steep of a sloap. The one I am trying to install is a harbor breeze model from Lowe's. Then I went to Home Depot and asked what...

Angle stop valve leaking [ 13 Answers ]

My cold water supply line going to my faucet burst so luckily I was there before it got bad and also the valve still works. After replacing the hose I noticed the hot water valve was corroded and was seeping water. So I thought it would be a great idea to replace all the valves and hoses in both...

Angle stop [ 3 Answers ]

What is a standard 1/2" compression angle stop? I am installing a sink faucet supply line

View more questions Search