Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrw05 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2007, 12:30 PM
    Backed up toilet
    Hello,

My toilet continues to be backed up after several attempts with a plunger. When I turn my sink on bubbles start to form in the toilet bowl.

Wondering if you could diagnose the problem and recommend what I should do?>

Thanks
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 11, 2007, 12:38 PM
    Sounds like you have a clog in your drain, likely right near the vent stack. If it is safe to get on your roof you should rod down the vent. Go the jeight of the house and then 10' more. If you can't go to the roof, look for a clean out or if you must remove the toilet and rod the 4" pipe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Backed up toilet [ 3 Answers ]

I am on a city water line and I just came home to a flooded guest bathroom. There was nasty stuff in the bathtub of both the master and the guest bathroom. I flushed the tiloet in the bathroom where the flood was and water started leakin out of where the toilet is attached to the floor. The...

Really Gross Toilet Backed up [ 6 Answers ]

This is going to be a very gross topic so I have to warn you before I go into it... it's not pretty. My toilet is backed up. The water from the toilet would overflow every time I flushed the toilet all over the floor. I tried the plunger... didnt work. I went out and bought an auger.. It went...

Washing machine backed up into powder room toilet on main floor [ 2 Answers ]

I saw something similar to this problem, so I hope I am not duplicating. I was washing clothes and noticed when it was draining that I heard gurgling in my kitchen sink. The sounds were coming from the kitchen sink, but no water back up. I walked to where the washer is located and looked...

Backed up drains [ 1 Answers ]

Half of my house drains are backed up. The laundry room sink, the kitchen sink, and a floor drain in the basement. The bathroom sinks, shower, tub and toilets function fine. Where do I start?

Backed-up standpipe [ 1 Answers ]

The standpipe that my washing machine drains into has suddenly started backing up and consistently overflows. I poured Drano down it, hoping to fix the problem, but that has done nothing. Any suggestions other than calling a plumber?

View more questions Search