Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LeachFamily Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2007, 02:08 AM
    Toilet tank valve turned off and its still leaking!
    I really need help. I live in a two story row home, and my upstairs toilet tank leaks into my downstairs dining room ceiling whenever it is used. We have controlled this problem by keeping the valve shut off at the tank. But now the valve is turned off but the toilet is still making water sounds and my ceiling is dripping water at a steady drip. How can I stop this?

I realize I need a plumber but I can not afford one right now - I am not looking to repair the problem, but rather to find out why it is leaking with the valve turned off and how to stop the leak. Thanks in Advance!
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Aug 19, 2007, 04:10 AM
    If you use anything else in that bathroom, does it leak? If not, then it could be number of things directly linked to the toilet: Wax ring could be dissolved, drain line could have a 'break' in it. Does it leak on the floor around the toilet when flushed?

XenoSapien

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Well pressure tank leaking [ 6 Answers ]

I had a well tank installed 7 years ago and it appears to be leaking around its base. It is an Amtrol well pressure tank Any suggestions? Is this a problem because I don't think it is sweating. It is located in the cold room of the basement. Paul

Hot water handle leaking when shower is turned on [ 4 Answers ]

My hot water handle leaks when I turned the shower on... it doesn't leak normally when running a bath or when it is turned off... it's a relatively new setup.. not sure what trype it is...

Leaking toilet tank [ 3 Answers ]

How to fix a hairline crack in a toilet tank

Tolit tank leaking [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I installed new everything in the tolit tank. Now one of the two valves under the tank will Not stop leaking. It's the long screws that attach the tank to the tolit. Help... Nancy

Leaking h/w tank pressure valve [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 40 gal ruud gas h/w tank the pressure release valve on top is attached to a long verticle copper pipe, wich is constantly dripping, the drip becomes a leak after hot water is used anywhere in the house. Tried opening up all faucets to release pressure. This did not work. Any suggestions?

View more questions Search