Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kitchenlady Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2007, 06:06 AM
    Kitchen sink smells
    My kitchen sink, installed 6 months ago, has a musty smell. I believe it comes from the $500. Grohe faucet. The hole in the granite where the faucet comes up through seems to smell, and sometimes I think that when I turn on the water, a musty smell comes along with it. The water doesn't taste bad, or smell when in a drinking glass. It is not the disposal system. I have checked for dampness under sink, in crawl space under the house, and under granite countertop. I did put a cloth soaked in bleach around the faucet entry from the countertop, but that didn't fix it. I don't know what bleach does to absolute black "granite" anyway.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 07:14 AM
    Was the drain changed? Is there a possibility that sewer odor can be escaping?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen sink sprayer water smells [ 9 Answers ]

Hi! I am a newbie--any help is greatly appreciated! My problem is the kitchen sink sprayer. The water that comes out of it smells bad (kind of a moldy smell), but only for the first couple of seconds of use. After that the water seems fine. Also, if the sprayer was used very recently (as in...

Kitchen drain smells [ 3 Answers ]

What is good to use in the litcjen sink drain to get rid of foul semlls

Kitchen water smells really bad [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, We have been having a problem with the water from our kitchen faucet, and only our kitchen faucet, no where else in the house has the smelly water. My husband thinks it smells like rotten egg, I think it smells like sewer! It is very bad in the morning and smells occasionly throughout the...

One bathroom sink in house smells like a sewer [ 1 Answers ]

We have a 2 story home, 1 year old, crawl space, no basement. Our main level 1/2 bath is the only bathroom in the house that smells like a sewer when the water in the sink is turned on. I can usually only smell it when the water is running, and it seems to be getting worse over time. We...

Drain Waste Vent Outside Kitchen Smells [ 5 Answers ]

undefinedundefinedundefined :mad: Our house is 4 years old. We are on town water and sewer, no septic tank. There is a Drain Waste Vent on the outside wall of the house, directly behind the kitchen sink area. The end of the vent has a slotted cover. Approximately 1 month ago, I noticed that...

View more questions Search