Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sebashtion Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2007, 04:19 PM
    Toilet intake not filling tank fast
    My toilet is running all the time so I checked the flapper and the chains handle and noticed that the water is not being pulled into the tank as fast it is filling but a very slow rate when I fill the tank with a cup it will stay filled and the water shuts off when I flush it flushes fine and starts to fill slowly

Thanks for your time
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Jul 31, 2007, 04:26 PM
    Turn off water to the toilet. Open the ball-cock assembly, and cover the opening (where the water is to come out) with a plastic cup--hold the cup FIRMLY. Open the water line for a few seconds to flush out the line. Shut it off again, re-assemble the ball-cock assy', then turn your line back on. How does it fill now?

XenoSapien
    Sebashtion Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2007, 04:34 PM
    It is still filling really slow
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Jul 31, 2007, 04:53 PM
    Ok. If the waterline is plastic, turn off the water line. Get a bucket and aim the line into the bucket and turn the line on slowly. Do you have good pressure?

If it's a metal line, you may have to do something a little different, like take a short garden hose and slide it over the end of the line--CAREFUL not to let the line bend at all, and aim the hose into the toilet. Do you have good pressure?

XenoSapien

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet tank not filling [ 3 Answers ]

Got a mystery here: I just moved into a new house and the toilet tank in the 2 piece bath on the main floor is suddenly not filling. I unscrewed the feed line into the tank and tested to see if there is water flowing through it and there isn't. The sink taps both work fine - just no water into...

Toilet not filling with water [ 2 Answers ]

One toilet in our house is not filling with water. The water line is on, other water in the bathroom is working properly ( i.e. sink, bathtub) what do I do to diagnose the problem? Thanks :)

Toilet not filling [ 5 Answers ]

I recently had my house re-plumbed because of polybutylene (spelling?) leaks. I was very happy with the results except for one thing. The toilet in the master bath, when flushed, doesn't seem to drain completely. Water comes into the tank and right as the waste leaves the bowl, the water stops...

Tank not filling [ 7 Answers ]

Got a weird one. I have a toilet with (I think) a FluidMaster type float. Its got to be more than 10 years old. Anyway, yesterday it stopped filling the tank. If I twist the bottom slightly then the tank will fill, but after flushing it doesn't fill again. So its getting water through the...

Toilet Cistern Not Filling [ 6 Answers ]

Today a neighbour was having some plumbing work done in his house, he wasn't sure which was his Stop **** so he turned ours off as a process of elimination. Not a problem. He turns it off and our water stops, turns it back on again and the water works again, surprise, surprise. A short time...

View more questions Search