Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bill a Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2005, 07:01 AM
    Bath tub spigot
    I have a bathtub where the spigot was installed with a down diverter (as for a shower, but we have no shower)... My wife accidentally pulled the down diverter down and now NO water flows. The handle and spigot are made by Delta.
    Also, the down diverter will not return to its UP position... How can I get back water flow??
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 2, 2005, 07:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bill a
    I have a bathtub where the spigot was installed with a down diverter (as for a shower, but we have no shower)...My wife accidently pulled the down diverter down and now NO water flows. The handle and spigot are made by Delta.
    Also, the down diverter will not return to its UP position...How can I get back water flow????

Hey bill,
    Water pressure's all that's holding the handle down. You should be able to put a pair of pliers on and pull it back up. If that fails you can always remove the spout and relieve the pressure that way. Since they are a inexpensive item I suggest you replace the spout with one that belongs there. Tom
    bill a Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2005, 07:55 AM
    When I said the diverter would not go back up... I meant it will go back up, but it will not stay... In fact, it just flops up and down...
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 2, 2005, 08:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bill a
    when I said the diverter would not go back up...I meant it will go back up, but it will not stay...In fact, it just flops up and down...

My adviuce? Replace the spout! Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Converting half bath to full bath [ 9 Answers ]

My question refers to a half bath we are in the planning stages of converting to a full bath in the basement. Currently our basement has a half bath with toilet and sink on one half of the basement. There is then a shower on the other side of the basement with the washer and dryer, about 30 feet...

Outdoor spigot dripping handle [ 21 Answers ]

Water drips from just beneath the handle on my outdoor spigot when the spigot is on. Where can I find a diagram that will tell me how to take apart, but especially how to put back together, the handle part of the spigot?

Cutting cement for plumbing 3/4 bath to full bath [ 3 Answers ]

We are currently in the middle of changing our basement 3/4 bath into a full bath. The bathroom is 5.5' by 13.5'. We want to put the sink where the shower was and put a tub/shower where the sink was. (because the space where the shower was is too small for a tub). The old sink drain is centered 4...

Outside spigot [ 1 Answers ]

We have two outside spigots, one on either side of the house. The water is turned on and one works and one does not. The knob turns but no water comes out. What could be the problem?

Outdoor spigot knob stuck [ 1 Answers ]

Now that spring is here, we turned back on the water supply for the outdoor spigots. Water started flowing normally out of the spigot attached to the outside of the back of our house but when we went to turn off the water (using the knob on the spigot), the knob wouldn't budge. We have tried...

View more questions Search