Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    henryb24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2007, 09:28 AM
    Midnight pipe banging
    I was awakened by pipe banging that sounded like a jackhammer going off. No water was running at the time. It has happened again once or twice already today. My kids are terrified. The water company says it's my problem.

What should I do?
    stew_1962 Posts: 255, Reputation: 10

Jul 20, 2007, 04:40 PM
    Check the toilet cistern. I would bet the flapper is leaking. The ballcock eventually wants to refill the tank, the sounds is water hammer as it atempts to shut off.

You can check for the leak by putting food coloring in the cistern when you go to bed, if there is any color in the bowl, bingo.

Let us know if this helps.
    Mario3 Posts: 65, Reputation: 4
    -

Jul 20, 2007, 04:51 PM
    I thought the title of what you wrote meant something else...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Song I think called Midnight Blue [ 18 Answers ]

I am looking for the artist that sings what I believe is a soft rock song called Midnight Blue. It has a great beat and is a great song. Any help greatly appreciated!

Why does it taste better after midnight? [ 9 Answers ]

I've heard this question somewhere before. I've always wondered why it is that when I wake up in the middle of the night that when I eat it seems better. I don't know... lol. But yea always wanted to know that answer

Midnight snack? [ 5 Answers ]

Is midnight snacking really as bad as they say it is? I love my midnight snacks, and I try to keep them as healthy as possible but could it cause my 95 lbs (no worries I'm only five feet tall) go all the way up to 120? Or such and such and so and so etc.

Midnight [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... my computer gets booted at midnight every night ,I am with AOL so I get right back on again and it runs fine until midnight and the same thing happens again ,I am using winxp... cheers jimgil

Pipe banging other than water hammer? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, Recently the pipes in our house have started banging. My initial thoughts were loosely hanging pipes or water hammer. I secured the pipes better/tighter with hangers, but the problem continues. Water hammer would be a possible idea, except it only seems to happen from the toilet pipes...

View more questions Search