Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KenCarr Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2007, 10:24 AM
    Toilet tank leak
    Our powder room toilet drain was installed 1/2" too close to the back wall. The top of the tank hits the drywall preventing it from sitting level on the bowl. The rubber gasket between the tank & bowl, apparently doesn't compress enough in the back & it leaks. Shy of relocating the drain further from the wall, any suggestions? Thanks
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 8, 2007, 05:30 PM
    " Shy of relocating the drain further from the wall, any suggestions?"

Short of recessing the drywall your only option would be to install a offset flange. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet tank overflows [ 3 Answers ]

How do I fix a toilet tank that overflows when you flush the toilet

Toilet tank replacement [ 2 Answers ]

Will most tanks fit most bowls?

Toilet tank [ 8 Answers ]

I replaced old toilet and tank with new one. While I was tightening tank bolts I heard crack noise one time so I stopped then I heard crack noise one more time again after I stopped. I checked under tank, under toilet and on floor for couple days but I don’t see any crack or leak. What else I can...

Toilet tank [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I needed a new toilet tank and I've put it on the bowl. My problem is now when it is flushed, the flapper will not stay open long enough to drain water from bowl. When the lever is pulled, the flapper opens water starts to leave the tank, but then the flapper closes and the tank fills back...

View more questions Search