Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chericon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2007, 03:52 PM
    Shower Drain Leaking
    My shower drain is leaking. There's a gray sleeve that appears to go around the drain pipe which is about 3 inches wide. There's a black gasket that sits over the pipe. Could that black gasket be all there is between not leaking and leaking?

What does the cross section of the sleeve around the pipe look like?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 19, 2007, 11:44 AM
    Could you attach a picture for us to see? Cheers, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaking Shower Drain I think. [ 1 Answers ]

OK, recently we noticed a wet spot on the ceiling of the garage underneath the upstairs bathroom. I am not sure as to how to fix the problem but have two facters which are possible. The shower is a one piece fiberglass unit and I am wondering whether the fiberglass is flexing around the drain and...

Leaking Shower drain [ 2 Answers ]

I have a drain in my upstairs shower that is leaking, was wondering, in order to reseal the outer gasket do I have to unscrew or is this cemented right to the pvc pipe? Also could it be the inner black gasket?http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/stocker/IMG_3707.jpg

Shower leaking (shower drain pipe?) [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I will apologize up front for my lack of knowledge in plumbing... but I know enough that I believe that I can fix this problem without having to add on the expense of calling a plumber. I noticed that there were a lot of ants coming into our bathroom. After laying traps and having no...

Shower drain leaking [ 3 Answers ]

When I was starting shower upstairs then there was a leaking in garage ceiling. So I ripped the garage ceiling and found out that there is small brass pipe which connect to shower pipe and other pipe. This small pipe joint with shower drain pipe is leaking. I called the plumber he told me that he...

Shower Drain, leaking connection [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, Shower stall started leaking on second floor. Ran water directly into drain with hose from outlet with no leak, so I figure that leaves only the drain connection as the leaking place. Took the drain cover off and found the "plastic" drain pipe and one-piece shower stall in good...

View more questions Search