Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crazypokernut Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2007, 08:01 AM
    Washing machine drains into hole in basement floor and stinks
    How would you cover a hole in the cement basement floor where the washing machine and laundry tub drain into? I assume that there is a pipe that carries the water to an underground sewer pipe. The problem is, you can see the water sitting in the hole and it make the entire basement stink! We would need access to it in case of a clog but it needs to be sealed so the smell cannot leak out.
    Any suggestions??
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Jun 11, 2007, 08:25 AM
    Try some expanding foam, here its called great stuff, get the oil based version of it, it's a red container with yellow top.
    Squirt it around the pipe and let it foam up and dry,
    ThomasCKeat Posts: 157, Reputation: 12

Jun 11, 2007, 05:56 PM
    Can u supply a pic? Hole in the floor? No hub from a pipe or anything? Sewer gases are very unheathy not to mention combustable, that gas make people very sick you need to address this hole in the floor and have your drains set properly. Did you ask this question in the plumbers forum? Speedball is the plumber you want to listen to, try there and send him a pic

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drains backing up, only when washing machine drains [ 2 Answers ]

My tubs are backing up only when my washing machine drains. I thought it was my sewer line and used an auger to clear that, but it's still happening. Could I need a new washer? This one is over 10 years old.

Toilet closest to washing machine gurgles and backs up when washing machine drains. [ 2 Answers ]

When the washing machine drains, the toilet in the next room gurgles and the bowl partially fills. I have taken these steps: Ran hose down vent pipe on roof. No backup noticed. Had plumber snake from outside wall cleanout by washing machine and 1/2 bath toilet to city sewer line in alley,...

Water running into washing machine stinks [ 1 Answers ]

I am smelling sewage gas from my ac vents... mostly the return vent which is at the ceiling in a small hallway... the smell concentrates in that hallway.. there is a half bath in that hall as well... the smell is not so much in the bathroom... i also will get the smell on the other side of the...

Basement drain hole.can I drain washing machine with this? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all.. im new here.ive owned my home for about 5 years and I'm still learing... my current dilemna is that I want move my wsher and dryer to the basement.I think I know how to handle the hot and cold water plumbing but I don't know what to do about the drain... now my basement has a drain hole in...

Smell when washing machine drains [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had the problem of my wash machine overflowing drain pipe plumber recommended putting a fitting on top of drain to prevent water from overflowing and it worked until about a week later when I started smelling sewer smell checked it out and found some standing water under my bathroom on...

View more questions Search