Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Frenchydarts Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2011, 10:35 AM
    Had water leak, fixed leak but still no water coming through, have ice
    Ice working but no water coming through line. Slight leak on floor. Fixed leak but still no water coming through.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2011, 08:02 AM
    You will have to check solenoid coil first to see if it is open. Unplug refrigerator. Remove rear cover (and while you have it off clean the coils) and after unplugging the wires take an ohm meter and read the ohms of the coil. It should read from 500 to 2000 ohms or .5 to 2 kilo-ohms. If it just reads the same as when you are not touching the test leads to anything then it's bad. If the coil tests good then you need to remove the water valve and take it apart to clean it. It has three parts inside after you remove the coil: a rubber diaphragm, a needle valve with a rubber tip, and a spring attached to the needle. This needle is what moves when the coil gets energized. The rubber diaphragm gets dirt and scale in the tiny orifices. You soak all of the parts in vinegar and then clean with a toothbrush being careful to clean out the orifices. Take note on which way the diaphragm goes in when you disassemble the valve. If the coil is bad you can find one that will fit it at an appliance parts store or buy a new valve. You also want to check the line when you take it loose from the valve to see if it is stopped up. You can look on the internet for diagrams of a water valve.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a water leak coming from my heating furnace. What could be the problem? [ 1 Answers ]

I just discovered a small pool of water coming from my heating furnace. It's not a lot of water but I'm concerned. The unit is only 5 years old. What could be the problem?

Water leak in GE TFX20 ice maker [ 0 Answers ]

Recurring problem of water under the refrigerator. This time around I trimmed the edges of both plastic lines out of the dual solenoid valve and reconnected them, and both lines remained dry after I drew water out of the dispenser. When I released the bar in the ice maker the solenoid eventually...

Fixed shower leak, now hot water faucet does not work! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! I had a shower leak recently, and I figured it was because the hot water faucet had corroded parts inside that would allow the water to keep flowing. I took it apart and replaced the stem and washer set up, even the seat. Now the hot water does not work at all. I'm wondering if I installed...

Ice maker water line leak [ 1 Answers ]

My GE Profile has fresh water and ice maker built-in. The line to the ice maker has popped out of the back of the unit and leaks on the floor. 1. Re-securing it to the refrigerator/freezer has been futile. I may need to defrost, first. Any ideas? 2. More frustrating, the line won't stop...

No Hot Water with leak coming from pressure nozzle [ 2 Answers ]

No hot water and a leak in the basement tank (pressure nozzle).

View more questions Search