Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flaimster Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2010, 06:28 AM
    Sprayer flow/pressure is great; the faucet stream of water doesn't stop or slow
    I have a moen kitchen faucet model 87480. When using the sprayer the flow/pressure is great but the faucet stream of water doesn't stop or slow at all. Is this normal or an installation/product problem?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

May 9, 2010, 04:12 PM

Not normal. When you open the sprayer, the flow of water out the sprayer closes a valve inside the body of the faucet that stops the water from coming out the spout. That valve needs to be replaced. Could be that some trash or debris is caught in it and cleaning will fix. Otherwise replace.

Moen is warranted for life. Call 1-800 BUY-MOEN for replacement part.
    flaimster Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2010, 04:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hkstroud View Post
    Not normal. When you open the sprayer, the flow of water out the sprayer closes a valve inside the body of the faucet that stops the water from coming out the spout. That valve needs to be replaced. Could be that some trash or debris is caught in it and cleaning will fix. Otherwise replace.

Moen is warranted for life. Call 1-800 BUY-MOEN for replacement part.
    Thanks much!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen faucet with sprayer water pressure [ 1 Answers ]

My kitchen faucet with sprayer water pressure does not work sometimes why?

Water flow slow at the faucet [ 1 Answers ]

When I went to brush my teeth this morning, I noticed that faucet water flow was slow. I opened the ring around the faucet and found some lots of tiny red fish egg like objects. I let is run with out the ring and there was a gushed of those objects. I don't know what are those. I don't have any...

Turn faucet on in bathroom but water run in slow stream [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, I'm new to this forum. Can someone please direct me? I need to fix my bathroom sink. When I turn the water on a slow stream runs; the water doesn't come on full blast. It was running a bit more earlier but I adjusted the gauges underneath the sink and got the results above. ...

Kitchen faucet slow water pressure and sprayer fix [ 2 Answers ]

The Kitchen faucet is a single knob. Both cold and hot has slow water pressure. If you use the sprayer and stop then the water pressure returns to normal for both cold and hot. You must always use the sprayer to get normal water pressure. Sprayer is not part of single faucet but is part of unit.

Slow water flow kitchen faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I changed the aerator on the kitchen faucet, but still get slow flow. The sprayer works fine and has great pressure, as do all other faucets in the house. What now?

View more questions Search