Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Apr 9, 2009, 05:04 PM
    TV was tilted now won't work
    Hi all:

Hey, we just had a cable company in and we tilted my 4 year old toshiba, 37" flat screen TV forward to hook the cable to the rear and now the TV is dead..?

Hard to believe, but we checked all the obvious starting with disconnecting all connections, etc... and guess what... NO SOUND AND NO PICTURE... except squiggle lines..?

I checked the other stuff.. speaker volume, cable vs TV connections... nothing.

The TV is dead somehow..

Any thoughts here all..?

Thank you...

MARK
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Apr 10, 2009, 02:29 PM
    All set here... found that it was a broken mother board!

Thanks anyway!
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2009, 06:21 AM

Sorry to hear.
    You going to attempt a fix, or scrap.
    If handy with a soldering iron and time on your hands, you could scrape the broken traces clean, and solder a small piece of wire across trace. At that point it may or may not work.
    You can get supprisingly lucky.
    You can't hurt it.
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Apr 13, 2009, 06:44 AM
    Hi stratmando...

Thank you replying. Turns out this thing cracked across the width of the 1st board. When viewed from the top (see below)... looked manageable. However, when viewed from the bottom there are over 100 solder connections at the crack junction.

Replacement part is $241.00 and could still be damage in the other boards... so looks like I'm scrappin' it.

Shame.. was a nice TV, but they really damaged it good! Doubt they will help fix it either... kinda my word VS their word.

Thanks again...

MARK
    Attached Images

Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2009, 06:46 AM

Sorry for your loss, Take Care.
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Apr 13, 2009, 06:50 AM
    Have a great day!
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2009, 07:03 AM

Mp:

Give Tritronics, Inc. Industrial Parts Supply a call and see what their prices are. Their website doesn't look the same. All I remember, is Trtronics in Maryland. I think it's the same company, only with expanded inventory.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tilted faucet adaptor? [ 3 Answers ]

Our faucet is a little too short for our sink. Is there an adaptor that we could attach to tilt the water direction? We see large adaptors at HD & Lowe's, but we would like something a little more discrete. Thanks!

Tilted cervix [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone heard of a dr trying to pull on a tilted cervix to straighten it out. I have a friend who is pregnant and is due November 11 she is 3cm dialated but the dr is waiting because her cervix is tilted. She said he tried to straighten it out by pulling on it. I have never heard of...

Tilted uterus [ 1 Answers ]

Is it harder to hear the baby's heart beat at 10 weeks with a tilted uterus? Kristy

Tilted uterus [ 12 Answers ]

Do anyone know what the statistics are on getting pregnant with a very tilted uterus? The nurse said she could only see half of my cervix it was so badly tilted, and that maybe I would have to get fertility drugs to get preggy. I'm going to get a second opinion, but just wondering what everyone...

View more questions Search