Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rms2111 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2007, 08:44 PM
    Bathtub drains slow
    My bathtub drain is the type that you push on the stopper to close and then push again and it pops up to open. It is made by Delta. The stopper I am referring to is metal and is "fixed" in the drain. How do I remove this stopper mechanism to clean the drain. Thanks for any assistance you can give me.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2007, 10:11 PM
    The rubber seal has wilted or the crosshair under it is clogged. Put a screwdriver in it to hold the stem and then twist to unscrew the cap.. if that does not work, get a very long needlenose plier to hold the stem and unscrew it using the needlenose. If the clog is under the crosshair of the drain, make a small hook about 8 inches long with a hook about 1/2" long and put the hook in the hair and twist to catch the hair and pull up and out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slow drains [ 2 Answers ]

Pretty much every drain in my house is running slow or backs-up. Is there a central problem with the drainage or should I tackle each situation idependantly?

Slow drains [ 1 Answers ]

You've heard this one before - drains are slow, but I've got a twist. All the drains are slow: tub, sink, toilet... I can plung and they are fine for a week or so then slow again. I don't think it's roots, plunging shouldn't make a difference if that's the case. I used chemicals, same results. I've...

Washer drains into bathtub [ 2 Answers ]

The washer and tub are in the upstairs bathroom. When washer drains the water is coming up into the tub. The tub is also drains slow toilet and sink in bathroom drain fine. Have ran a snake through. What cause be causing the washer to drain into the tub like it does?

Slow drains [ 1 Answers ]

Being from TX with the recent heavy rains I have noticed our drains are now running slower that usual, we are on a septic system. Is this indicative of more serious problems or related to the recent high ground saturation?

Bathtub drains slow or not at all [ 9 Answers ]

My bathtub has been slow, very slow, on and off for years. Sometimes drain cleaner helps but most times it doesn't. We actually keep a plunger in the bathroom and my daughter now showers on a step stool! After furiously plunging for hours today I finally searched for the source. I found a drum trap...

View more questions Search