Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peterstown Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2007, 08:28 PM
    No hot water at kitchen sink
    Water (hot and cold) run fine in all 3 bathrooms. My kitchen sink is another story. The cold water pressure is fine but, when you switch to hot water, the pressure drops to a trickle. Any ideas ?
    nick_mathew Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2007, 01:41 AM
    Your hot water line could not accommodate an extra kinchen sink. You could increase your pipe size or install a circulating loop and pump to circulate your hot water back to water heater and reheat. That means equal pressure to all outlets. This is applicable if your are using a tank type water heater.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2007, 04:14 AM
    The most likely thing is a build up of crud in the line. Shut the water off at at the stop under the sink. Pry the cap off the handle, remove the screw, and then the handle. There should be a nut. Remove it and you can pull the cartridge out. Hold a towel over the opening, and give it a shot of water from the stop. You may need to rinse some crud off the cartridge before putting it back together.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water pressure reduced in kitchen sink [ 2 Answers ]

My pressure is reduced only on my hot water in the kitchen sink, I have a Delta Single lever faucet. We've been here about 2 years and all worked fine until a few months ago, it appears to be fairly new plumbing (about 6 to 8 years old) How do I repair this problem. Thank You.

No hot water at kitchen sink - fine elsewhere [ 5 Answers ]

My kitchen sink does not have hot water. It runs cold only. I have hot water everywhere else in the house. What could be wrong?:confused:

Loss of hot water pressure in Kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

My kitchen sink loss pressure, but only happens with the hot water, the cold water has the same. I wonder if someone knows the answer or can help me fix it

Kitchen Sink Noise Hot Water [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn on the hot water at my kitchen sink, it makes a noise after the pipe heats up (about 10 seconds). The cold water tap doesn't make a noise. What could this be?

No hot water in kitchen sink or dishwasher [ 3 Answers ]

There is no hot water in the kitchen sink. If you let it flow on high for a few minutes, it gets tepid. I have felt the water in the dishwasher in the middle of a cycle and it is cold. The hot water is fine in the 3 bathrooms. We have tried flushing the hot water heater, but that did not help. Any...

View more questions Search