Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    tammieb24's Avatar
    tammieb24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jun 28, 2006, 07:29 PM
    Pipe leaking
    Hi, I am new here so please bear with me. My question is what pipe could be leaking in my upstairs master bathroom? My shower is in a u shape, my shower head is on the open end by the sliding doors and the wall is fiberglass stuff and the flat wall is tile and the bottom foot of it caved in and is all wet, the wood and all. I noticed my shower pressure is not great and my ceiling in my downstairs living room is getting wet, just below the shower wall. I am a single female and not sure who to call or what to say or ask. Do you think this is something my homeowners insurance might cover.I also think that if you push on the fiberglass shower head wall it feels really mushy too... Thanks
    letmetellu's Avatar
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

    Jun 28, 2006, 09:12 PM
    Tammi... in our area we have people that call themselves by different name such as "Honey Do Man" or "Rent A Husband" , etc. These people are good in several different occupations. They might be able to solve you problem with the tile wall as well as some of the other things. They ae not suppose to do any plumbing work unless that are licened to do plumbing but many do. Get some refferences from past customers before you let them do any work and do not pay them any money until you are satisfied with the job. If they are worried about getting their money they can either have you sign a lien or they can just not do the work... Don't get cheated.
    speedball1's Avatar
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

    Jun 29, 2006, 05:17 AM
    Hi Tammi,

    "my shower is in a u shape, my shower head is on the open end by the sliding doors and the wall is fiberglass stuff and the flat wall is tile and the bottom foot of it caved in and is all wet, the wood and all."

    Most shower leaks come from bad tile grout or a break in the wall where the shower stream hits it. It sounds like your leak's coming from the part of the wall that's caved in.
    I would check my homeowners insurance to see if you're covered but in any resoects get the wall repaired.

    " i noticed my shower pressure is not great"

    Try this, Unscrew and remove the shower head. Look just below the threads. If you see a rubber washer with holes around the edge then that's a "water saver". Pry it out and toss it and reinstall the shower head.
    Pressure better now? Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaking pipe, again [ 9 Answers ]

My mains water is supplied via a lead pipe, which has now decided to spring a leak. How can I fix this? Help please, as it is driving me nuts.

Leaking pipe - at join [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have noticed a leak in my water system. It is on the main cold water inflow pipe, a few feet after the stopcock, and it occurs at a joint between a pipe and a 'Limekiller' water softener. It looks to me as if the sealant where the two pipes meet is cracked or porous. How can I fix this...

My drain pipe is leaking from my shower stall! [ 3 Answers ]

Okay here's the situation. I have a basement shower stall that is leaking water onto the basement floor on the other side of the bathroom. What this is doing is causing some mold on the wood frame on the other side of the wall. At first I thought it was the drain itself that was leaking and I...

Drain pipe leaking [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: under my kitchen I have drain pipes that run to a large pipe that goes down into ground.I have no idea what this called(sorry)where the drain pipe and this large pipeconnect is leaking.How do I repair this?

Leaking drain pipe in slab [ 3 Answers ]

I have a drain pipe coming from my sink that is backing up into my kitchen floor. It seems that has ate away at the concrete and the water is backing up through the damaged pipe through a hole located under my sink and bottom cabinets. I can see the where the water is coming out but I don't know...

View more questions Search