Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    JR1's Avatar
    JR1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    May 13, 2004, 06:00 PM
    Peerless Diverter Valve
    Is there anyplace on the web that would have an internal drawing of a Peerless single-lever faucer? My diverter valve is sticking, and before I take it apart, I'd like to know what to expect inside. Thanks
    labman's Avatar
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

    May 13, 2004, 07:09 PM
    Re: Peerless Diverter Valve
    Check you local hardware or home center for a kit for it. In addition to useful items such as some O-rings, it might have a good drawing of it.
    speedball1's Avatar
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

    May 14, 2004, 06:34 AM
    Re: Peerless Diverter Valve
    Good morning JR,  All diverters work the same way.  To change one out you will have to shut the water off under the cabinet.  Now remove the handle and cover plate from the faucet.  This should take you to a brass retaining nut.  Unscrew that and pull up on the spout assembly.  The spout will come off and the small diverter will be located at the base of the open valve body.  If you can not locate a new Peerless diverter click on                     They will have a Peerless diverter assembly # P5262 for $4.02.  More questions?  I'm as close as a click.  Tom
    JR1's Avatar
    JR1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    May 17, 2004, 08:02 AM
    Peerless Diverter Valve
    Many thanks to you both!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaking shower diverter valve [ 15 Answers ]

We have a three knob shower system. When the water runs into the tub a significant amount of water runs out of the central diverter valve (?correct term) knob. When this is turned water is diverted to the shower head. How does one determine how to remove and replace the diverter assembly, or could...

Diverter valve for Moen faucet [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I need to replace the diverter valve (1225) on the kitchen faucet. Do I need to remove the entire faucet to do this? If so how do I do this? Thanks

New Diverter Valve not working [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I have read a couple of the threads on diverter valves and thought I might ask this question for some help. Ok here is the background on the problem and how we went about solving it. First this is a house that was built in 1971 so nothing new. The bathroom on the main floor has a three...

Diverter valve problem [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Had a problem with the diverter valve knurled end being worn, so I changed the whole valve(Danco replacement for Sayco). With the new valve, I have low pressure & also when putting water towards the shower head, it still comes out the lower spicket. How does that happen. Thanks in...

Shower diverter valve sticking [ 5 Answers ]

Howdy, hope someone can give me some advice on this sticky problem I'm having. Just recently the diverter knob (it's a pull-out type) has been sticking a bit, not pulling out all the way. The result is the water comes out of both the tub faucet AND the shower head, at half-pressure from both. It...

View more questions Search