I'm having a difficult time taking off an old ball type end shower arm. I tried twisting it off with a wrench and I'm afraid that I'm going to break the pipe off the wall. Is there a way to check that the this old ball type end shower arm is screwed in or if the shower arm attached or is there a converter I can buy to make the end a conventional half inch shower arm? Please help. Thanks