Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    el_guapo's Avatar
    el_guapo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Nov 29, 2003, 04:52 PM
    Diminished pipe dias
    My house water supply is 1" dia. Between the supply and the house is a 3/4" dia line that was connected to a softener and then back to the 1" dia entering the house. I removed the water softener and now it's 1" dia to 3/4" dia and back to 1" dia. How does this affect the volume or pressure in the house?
    Thank you,
    speedball1's Avatar
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

    Nov 30, 2003, 04:42 AM
    Re: diminished pipe dias
    When you stop to consider that your toilet and lavatory supplys are choked down to 1/4" and every one handled faucet is fed through 1/8" ports in the cartridge the volume and pressure loss from 1" down to 3/4" is negligible. All of our new construction homes are supplied from the meter to the house by 3/4"PVC. Your pressure and volume will not be affected. You will notice nothing. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ABS/PVC Pipe Connections [ 7 Answers ]

I am about to do a modest bathroom remodel on a 40 year old house. The existing DWV piping is black plastic ABS pipe. I want to use the white PVC but I read somewhere that you should not join the two different pipe types directly. Is this accurate? If so, what is the easiest method. The only other...

Natural gas pipe in bsmt is touching gas pipe [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a house and in the basement the single wall furnace flue is touching the dark iron natural gas pipe, just before it enters the brick chimney , the water heater also has single wall flue that runs through wood structure. The previous owner put coffee cans around the flue, he cut off...

Pipe leaking [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am new here so please bear with me. My question is what pipe could be leaking in my upstairs master bathroom? My shower is in a u shape, my shower head is on the open end by the sliding doors and the wall is fiberglass stuff and the flat wall is tile and the bottom foot of it caved in and is...

J pipe for showers [ 5 Answers ]

Is there a special j pipe for a shower drain? Or do you just use 90 to make the j pipe and if so what are the specs so no sewer gas leaks... Whoa! Not so fast there Markee. That "j pipe" is called a trap. And before I even answer I want to know a little more about this project. New...

Bathroom sink wall pipe drain pipe [ 2 Answers ]

My house was built in early 70's.. No plastic.. I'm putting in a new sink and had to remove the wall pipe that goes into the wall.. I needed a longer one. It seem where it goes in behind the wall into the plumbing there was some type of gasket as pieces of it fell out when I removed the pipe.. I...

View more questions Search