Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    Stuart06's Avatar
    Stuart06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Nov 2, 2005, 04:41 PM
    Crack in pipe that enters the wall under sink
    I have a crack in the chrome pipe that goes from the wall into the PVC that my kitchen sink dumps into. Is there a way to fix this without ripping out the wall and replacing that pipe?
    speedball1's Avatar
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

    Nov 3, 2005, 06:18 AM
    Good morning Stewart,

    That chrome pipe's called "the trap tail" and is part of the "P" trap. I strongly suggest replacing the entire trap. If one part of it's bad it stands to reason that the rest of it's going bad also. Having said that there is a repair tape on the market that will repair the crack It's called Pow-R Wrap and you can check it out at;
    Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Repairing hairline crack in 1920s utility (laundry) sink [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a house that has an old concrete double basin utility sink. The right basin has a hairline crack and leaks water. I'd hate to sledge and remove it and was hoping this is fixable. Any suggestions?

Fixing an elbow on a pipe against an outside wall? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a leak on an outside pipe coming from the 90 degree elbow bend (I think). I have wrapped it in that hardening tape, but it still leaks (much less now). I would like to fix the leak completely, but here are my problems. The pipe is right up against a wall, so getting around it is pretty...

Nut on wall pipe is too corroded and won't come off [ 1 Answers ]

The wall pipe under the kitchen sink has a hole. I already disconnected the end that attaches to the trap, but the side that connects to pipe in the wall is badly corroded and the nut won't come loose. I already tried banging the pliers with a hammer and WD40. I can't get it to budge at all. ...

Bathroom sink wall pipe drain pipe [ 2 Answers ]

My house was built in early 70's.. No plastic.. I'm putting in a new sink and had to remove the wall pipe that goes into the wall.. I needed a longer one. It seem where it goes in behind the wall into the plumbing there was some type of gasket as pieces of it fell out when I removed the pipe.. I...

Broken pipe in wall [ 1 Answers ]

:'( Trying to fix clogged drains. While unscrewing pipe fitting from wall, pipe cracked. Lots of buildup in the grooves. Trying to replace the fitting and it won't fit due to grooves not being clean. What 's the best way to clean the grooves. Been "chipping" at it for 2 days... we are out both...

View more questions Search