Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    callie's Avatar
    callie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Apr 30, 2006, 05:46 AM
    Champion 2 piece Toilet
    Have had toilet less then a year and has worked fine lately seems not enough power to properly flush toilet. Possible flush valve seal?? Any suggestions greatly appreciated
    speedball1's Avatar
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

    Apr 30, 2006, 06:59 AM
    I have one that most repair plumbers miss.. Look down at the bottom of the bowl. If there is a small hole, then that is a jet that starts the syphon action. If it's clogged the water will just swirl around and slowly go down leaving solids behind. Take your finger,(UGH! ) and run it around the inside of the opening. Over the years minerals build up and cut down on the syphon (flush) action. If it is rough or you feel build up, take a table knife and put a bend in it to get around the curve in the bowl and chip and scrap it clear. Next take a coathanger and clear out the holes around the rim. They start the swirling action. And last, check the water level in the tank. It should be 1/2" below the top of the over flow tube. And speaking of the overflow tube, Make sure the small 1/8" tube from the ballcock to the white overflow tube is connected so it discharges in it and that it's flowing when the ballcock fills. This is what raises the water level in the bowl. For a good solid flush they all have to work together. Why do you say, " possible flush valve seal" ? If this doesn' help click on back and we'll go to plan "B". Hope this helps. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell thrmostat- what is this piece? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm no electrician so bare with me... it a round thermostat that says honeywell in middle.. took the ring surrounding it off... can see the dial and screws that mount it but there is this adjustment slider thingy at the bottom.. what is it and where should I have it placed... also the person who...

4 Piece Shower Enclosure [ 3 Answers ]

I am in the process of installing a bathroom in my new garage addition, and am seeking input for the 36" Sterling shower enclosure. 1) Instruction state that back and side walls can be attached to bare studs or over water resistant wall board. Any opinions on which is best? 2) The base I plan to...

4 Piece Shower Enclosure [ 3 Answers ]

"Do they make a drain receptor with female threads on the inside that could be glued to the 2" pipe afer the base is set, and with the drain grate screwing into that?" They do but I'm not too sure you can use it on a manufactured shower base. It's called a "flange type shower drain", (see image)...

A piece about forums in general, but mainly this one. [ 130 Answers ]

Please note this is a long rant, but I'm in that kind of mood. I have been active on this type of forum for many years. I started on the excellent WHQuestion, now dead, and have been active on a lot of other sites. Overall I have had a lot of fun and games and met some very fine people and had...

One piece shower leak [ 2 Answers ]

I have a one piece shower that is leaking. I have taken the quarter round off around the front of the shower unit and the adjacent base boards and water is slowly seeping out from under the shower. The quarter round trim was very wet. Is there anyway to get the remaining water out from under the...

View more questions Search