Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    tagger2015's Avatar
    tagger2015 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jul 26, 2015, 08:33 AM
    Can the base of an American Standard goose neck faucet be temporarily fixed?
    The base of my American Standard goose neck kitchen faucet just split and water was coming out of that area. Can I put something on it (silicone) to stop the water from coming out until I can get a new faucet?
    speedball1's Avatar
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

    Jul 26, 2015, 09:26 AM
    Is the water coming out from the top of the chrome base or on the bottom of the base? Does it leak continuosly or only when you run the faucset? Is water dripping down into the cabinet?
    Back to you, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

American standard bathtub faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I have an american standard bathtub faucet. It was leaking so I changed the washers,now it is to tight to turn. What did I do wrong?

Model 6425 american standard faucet base has a leak? [ 2 Answers ]

How do you get the faucet off to replace the O ring? We have tried with everything I have in the house and can't budge the base to remove it. Water leaks out from the top of the base when the faucet is turned to the left side of the sink, but is fine turned to the right.

Removing american standard shower faucet? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a very old (>15 years) american standard shower rotary control with temperature readout. Must remove and replace. Cannot remove handle. Set screw hidden. Need instrutions.

Clogged aerator on goose neck faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Price Pfister goose neck kitchen faucet with a sprayer in the goose neck. It has sediment in the aerator. I don't know how to remove the aerator. There is nothing to unscrew.

View more questions Search