We have a cast iron basement floor drain with no valve to prevent backflow. Can you put such a valve in an iron pipe and, if so, would I have to go to a plumbing specialty store to get one? The ones at Home Depot are only meant for plastic pipe. If I have to convert to plastic, what is the best way to do this?
Don Wigle