Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DAMPTEY Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2014, 05:43 AM
    A straight conductor is moved at velocity of 10m/s in magnetic field of flux density
    A straight conductor is moved at a velocity of 10m/s in magnetic field of flux density 0.8T. If the induced E.M.F is 20V.calculate the length of the conductor?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jan 22, 2014, 08:28 AM
    Use this equation, which I'm sure is in your text book:

EMF(Volts) = Velocity(m/s) x B-field (T) x Length (m)

This assumes that the wire is moving perpendicular to the magnetic field, which isn't explicitly stated but you can probably assume.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between magnetic flux and electric flux? [ 1 Answers ]

What are the difference between electric flux and magnetic flux?

Finding magnetic field due to a current carrying conductor [ 0 Answers ]

An infinitely long current carrying conductor is in the shape of the parabola y^2=4x.What is the magnetic field at the point (1,0) if the current flowing is I?

Having problem with physics coursework regarding magnetic flux density, I'm stuck [ 0 Answers ]

For my physics coursework, I've been measuring magnetic flux density of different solenoids. The solenoids are coils of wire wrapped around a hollow plastic cuboid (e.g. 5cm x 5cm x 30cm). I then stick a probe down the hollow centre which measures the magnetic flux density. Im unsure about my...

Magnetic Flux [ 1 Answers ]

If a magnetic flux passes through a circular coil when its diameter is D, what should be its diameter (in terms of D) so that only half as much flux passes through it in the same field? Assume that the magnetic field is uniform over the area in both cases.

View more questions Search