Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KeeKee77 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2011, 09:12 PM
    Force on a wire in a magnetic field.
    If a 190 cm wire carrying 15.00 A of current [up] experiences a force [north] of 0.60N,

a)What is the direction and magnetic field intensity that is causing this?
    b)At what angle would the field need to be at to have the force experienced?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2011, 09:28 AM

a) use

B is the magnetic field strength,
    I is the current,
    l is the length of the wire
    and F is of course the force.

I'll ask you again to state the direction you think is correct and the reason why would you think so :)

b) Same thing here, post and say why you think so first, then we'll look into it, though I think the question could be worded better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A point charge moving in a magnetic field of 1.24 [ 1 Answers ]

A point charge moving in a magnetic field of 1.24 Tesla experiences a force of 0.813·10-11 N. The velocity of the charge is perpendicular to the magnetic field. In this problem, we use the points of the compass and `into' and `out of' to indicate directions with respect to the page. If the...

Cycloid path of charged particle in electric and magnetic field.. [ 1 Answers ]

Please anyone can explain me the cycloid path of a charged particle in mutually perpendicular electric and magnetic field.. I have a lot of confusion over it...

Electro magnetic field induced power. [ 4 Answers ]

My power line from my meter to the electric panel runs in a pvc conduit with several house wires from the old panel box.This was apparently done several years ago during a remodel. Since I have owned this house my electric usage has been 3 times the average for this size home. My question is can...

View more questions Search