Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    math10177 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2009, 11:58 AM
    Displacement of paula
    Paula Physics is styuding one evening and decides to go out for an icecream. She travels one block east. Then 5 block north then 5 block due soutthwest. What is the magnitude and direction of Paula's resultand displacement?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 1, 2009, 01:42 PM

Since this is a homework question, you should not expect anyone to just give you the answer. But I'll give you a method to use: for each of the 3 legs of Paula's trip break her motion into X and Y components - where walking due east is positive X and due north is positive Y. Then add the X components for all three legs, and the Y component for all three legs, to get the total X and Y displacements. Then convert that to a magnitude and direction. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Acceleration and displacement [ 4 Answers ]

What distance does an object travel if it accelerates uniformly from rest at a rate of 6m/s/s for 6s? What is the car's displacemtn if the acceleration is directed to the north?

Acceleration vs Displacement [ 1 Answers ]

Just done crash cart experiment with ticker tape. Question reads, "Assuming that the acceleration is constant, then so long as we use the same time interval in each case, displacement will be proportional to acceleration. Explain why we can say that displacement is proportional to acceleration...

Single displacement [ 1 Answers ]

Um can some one help me do a single displace meant reaction for: • hydrochloric acid + iron Please:confused:

Mama's been on her knees by Paula McCoullah [ 1 Answers ]

How can I the song Mama's been on her knees by Paula McCoullah

Double Displacement and such [ 1 Answers ]

LiOH(aq) + Fe(NO3)3(aq) ? Al(s) + O2(g) ? Pb(s) + ZnCl2(s) ? Rb(s) + Zn(NO3)2(aq) ? Rb(s) + Zn(NO3)2(aq) Any help would be appreciated

View more questions Search