Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dyoung Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2006, 06:20 PM
    Sony HandyCam DCR-TRV-260
    I am trying to copy my video from the camera to the computer. I hooked up the USB from the camera to the USB port on my computer, but the camera keeps giving me a connection error. I have tried all of my USB ports. Any ideas on how I can make this connection between the computer and camera? Many thanks.
    srinibash_moharana Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2006, 10:31 PM
    Hi.. dYOUNG

1. Make sure that u'r USB stream in that camera is set to enable.
    2. Uninstall your previous capture software, then restart your computer.
    3. Check the USB ports wheather conflicts or not in your Device manager, If So try giving the Main board drivers installation & afterthat put u'r capture soft. During installtion u should not connect the camera to the computer.
    4. When the software prompts then u can coonect u'r cam. To the computer.
    Then after that the device manger could find the Cam device & u can capture u'r Videos.

Srinibash
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2006, 10:54 PM
    I have a different brand of camcorder, but on mine video needs to be transferred using a firewire cord, not the usb. The usb is only for transferring pictures taken with the video recorder, at least on mine. Apparently the firewire transfers data faster?

I ended up buying a firewire cord online and it all worked out.

The port on the recorder looks like:

And on the computer looks like:

You might check your manual, or see if there is a firewire port. I had the same kind of problems (again, diff brand) until I bought the right cable (wasnt standard with my machine).
    antoant Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2012, 11:30 AM
    Please, can you help me, saing to me what type of firewire cable needs for camcorder.. I have same one but here I cannot find it. I stay in Italy and my camcorder is a japanese model DCR-PC300. I' m afraid for my englesh!thanks..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Problem with Picture Package - SONY Handycam [ 1 Answers ]

Mine is SONY TRV285 E digitial camcorder. I have shooted video and am using the PIXELA PACKAGE SW which was provided by SONY corporation. It is capturing the video and audio (Master) and saving in from of AVI. It is consuming lot of disk space (For eg: 10 minutes video is occupying 800+ MB). I...

Sony handycam digital 8 trv285e [ 3 Answers ]

I cannot get my camara picked up on my computer using ilink cable. The camera is recognised using usb cable without any problems. The camera shows the DV in function but does recognise the camera. Can any one help?

Why is the name of sony company is SONY? [ 2 Answers ]

Why is the name of sony company is SONY? Thanks

Why is the name of sony company is SONY? [ 1 Answers ]

Why is the name of sony company is SONY?

View more questions Search