Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Camry Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2006, 04:03 AM
    Sony handycam digital 8 trv285e
    I cannot get my camara picked up on my computer using ilink cable. The camera is recognised using usb cable without any problems. The camera shows the DV in function but does recognise the camera. Can any one help?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 12, 2006, 06:04 AM
    Do you have a firewire port? Have you used any other firewaire devices? If USB works, just use that, its faster anyway.
    Camry Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2006, 03:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Do you have a firewire port? Have you used any other firewaire devices? If USB works, just use that, its faster anyway.
    Yes I have a fireport. What ever I burn onto DVD using USB connection seems to have the movie slower than the tape in the camera when played back using the handicam. That's why I assumed a Firewire set might help. May be I need a Driver for the camera to run usinf ilink.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 14, 2006, 05:47 AM
    Are you burning directly to DVD from the camera? What software are you using. If your camera supports USB 2.0 that is faster than Firewire. I would copy the files to your hard drive and then burn. That should eliminate any impact of firewire vs USB.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Problem with Picture Package - SONY Handycam [ 1 Answers ]

Mine is SONY TRV285 E digitial camcorder. I have shooted video and am using the PIXELA PACKAGE SW which was provided by SONY corporation. It is capturing the video and audio (Master) and saving in from of AVI. It is consuming lot of disk space (For eg: 10 minutes video is occupying 800+ MB). I...

Sony HandyCam DCR-TRV-260 [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to copy my video from the camera to the computer. I hooked up the USB from the camera to the USB port on my computer, but the camera keeps giving me a connection error. I have tried all of my USB ports. Any ideas on how I can make this connection between the computer and camera? ...

Sony trv285e burning onto vcd. [ 2 Answers ]

Please please help me. I have a fully recorded on 60 min tape in my camcorder. The manual says I can burn this straight onto cd by pressing the "burn dvd/vcd" button on the camcorder. When I do this it starts well enough but after 5 minutes it stops copying the tape and starts to burn it onto cd,...

Why is the name of sony company is SONY? [ 2 Answers ]

Why is the name of sony company is SONY? Thanks

Why is the name of sony company is SONY? [ 1 Answers ]

Why is the name of sony company is SONY?

View more questions Search