eddiekli's Avatar
    eddiekli Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

#1

Feb 4, 2008, 05:19 PM
    How to print date on photo taken by digital camera
    I have two digital cameras, one Panasonic and one Casio. Both have "DPOF" option to put time stamp on pictures. I specify "on" to print the date on the pictures, but to no avail. What do I miss?
    supriya _82's Avatar
    supriya _82 Posts: 241, Reputation: 24

#2

Feb 4, 2008, 08:11 PM
    The DPOF option does not enable you to stamp the time and date alone. DPOF is an abbrevation of Digital Print Order Format. A DPOF-compliant camera can create a print order file that describes which shots should be printed, the quantity of prints desired, which thumbnails should be output as index prints, cropping and rotation settings, and user and picture information (names, descriptions, date stamp, and so on). The DPOF file is stored on the removable memory card, which allows you to either stick the card directly in a DPOF-compatible printer or send the files to a digital printing service.
    You might have to make certain print settings within the camera. If you have something similar to "Print Order" or "Print Settings" in your menu options, the sub menu will have a "Date" option. Make sure that is set to On. Not the date option in Display.
    aneangel22's Avatar
    aneangel22 Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

#3

May 24, 2008, 06:39 PM
    You might want to rethink the whole date stamp thing. If you are using a digital camera then the date will be accessible when you upload your images to your computer. You should only have to either click or right click to find out the date. I used to like the date stamping but when I would have a really good picture I wanted a 5x7 or 8x10 the date would look corny and greatly take away from the picture. I was so excited when I discovered digital and I will NEVER use stamping again!
    dcooper's Avatar
    dcooper Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

#4

Jul 31, 2008, 02:43 PM
    You can add the date in the file name of the photos. This can be done with a free batch process program such as File List for Mac or Batch File Renamer for WIndows since sometimes when files are copied the encoded info with the creation date is reset. I've seen this many times but putting the date in the file name you can't go wrong. Example: original file is DSC123456.jpg and after adding date DSC123456-7-31-08.jpg. Of course there's Photoshop's professional digital invisible watermark system using Digimarc but service is expensive to register for. Hope this helps.
    ddeef's Avatar
    ddeef Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

#5

Aug 25, 2008, 08:31 PM
    You can use a tool to add date to photos. Try this: BatchStamper --batch add text and date to your photos
    xlynn's Avatar
    xlynn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    -

#6

Mar 28, 2012, 11:09 PM
    1

Configure your digital camera to add a date stamp to each photo. The ability to do this depends on the particular camera model; look for an option such as "Date Stamp" or "Add Date" in the camera's menu options. In order for this feature to work correctly, you must configure the date in the camera's settings and re-enter the date each time you change the battery. This method has two drawbacks: It does not add the date to your existing photos, and you cannot remove a date stamp from a photo without cropping it.
    2

Download and run Photo Dater (see Resources). The application is free and does not require installation. Select a radio button to indicate whether you want to add a date stamp to just one photo or all of the photos in a folder. Click a radio button in the upper-right corner of the screen to indicate whether you want to add dates using the EXIF data in each photo, or another date of your choosing. Click the "Change Color" and "Choose Font" buttons to change the appearance of the date stamp, and then click a radio button in the bottom-right corner of the image to choose the location of the stamp. Click "Date Photos" to process the selected pictures.
    3

Open Microsoft Paint. This utility is included with all Windows operating systems. If you have difficulty finding the shortcut, open the Start menu and type "Paint" in the search field. Click the blue "Paint" button, select "Open" and locate the picture that you want to add a date stamp to. Double-click the picture to open it in Paint. Click the "Text" icon in the "Tools" area at the top of the window, then click in the corner of the image to make a cursor appear. Type the date that you want to appear on the picture, and click the "Save" button to save the image with the date stamp.
    meredithann's Avatar
    meredithann Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

#7

Aug 18, 2013, 08:42 PM
    Very helpful. Now I know how to add a date to those pictures I wish to add a date to. Don't have to download another software for the process. Thanks

Digital camera [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best digital camera around $300?

Digital Camera [ 4 Answers ]

I know this "forum" is about computers but I wanted to ask a question about a digital camera so hopefully someone can help me. I want to buy a DIGITAL CAMERA that can take multiple pictures at once... I hate waiting for it to take the picture wait for the flash show the picture and then reset to...

Digital Camera Not Seen [ 3 Answers ]

Can anybody tell me why one computer has no problems downloading pics from a Kodak Digital EasyShare CX6330 camera, but another one will not see the camera. Adobe PhotoShop Album Starter Edition 3.0, and Microsoft Scanner and Camera Wizard, they both tell me that there is no camera, Roxio Capture...

Digital camera [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a goodmans g-shot 3003cc for xmas Have installed the drivers cd, there's a bit on iy which I ticked says "decode all supported fourccs(divx,dx50,mp4v) Have ticked this, when I plug the camera in , instructions say to open folder to veiw files using windows explorer , but this cannot...