Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lindey_marie Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2009, 03:32 PM
    Oh crap.
    I had sex with my boyfriend for the first time a couple weeks ago and I think I'm pregnant.. We were idiots and didn't use protection. I'm only 17 and am scared to death to talk to my parents. He's being so sweet about it and telling me everything will be okay and even though this isn't the way we wanted it to happen we'll make the best of it. He is 20 and has a good paying job.

God I just need some advice about talking to my rents about it. They're strict religious people and didn't even know I was sexually active. And I'm thinking it might be best if I move in with my boyfriend. What do you guys think? :(
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 7, 2009, 03:50 PM

You're 17, not an adult.

What is the legal age of consent where you live? He could be charged with statutory rape and labeled a sex offender.

Don't put the buggy before the horse. Find out if you're pregnant first, then go from there.
    lindey_marie Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2009, 03:57 PM

Yeah I've thought of that and that makes me even more nervous because my parents being who they are they could press charges. Ugh I feel lightheaded and get sweaty palms just thinking about all this.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 7, 2009, 04:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lindey_marie View Post
    yeah i've thought of that and that makes me even more nervous because my parents being who they are they could press charges. ugh i feel lightheaded and get sweaty palms just thinking about all this.
    It's too late to go backwards, time to go forwards.

How late are you?

Have you taken a home pregnancy test?

Find out first, then worry if there's a reason to worry, and learn from this mistake. If you're not pregnant, and you want to continue being sexually active, then it's time to get on birth control.

Know that no form of birth control is 100% effective. Obviously you aren't ready to have a child, so maybe you're not ready for sex. It's a big responsibility, as is a child.

And yes, if you're under the legal age limit, your parents can press charges and win.

Pregnancy test. Come back with the results then we can help you go from there. Okay?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Silverlight crap? [ 4 Answers ]

I had Microsoft Silverlight on my computer when purchased, Didn't think I needed it, Uninstalled it. Yet Every friking day for months it does an unsuccessful Update Install, Been to Silverlight site, says its installed, do an update, it tells me it was unsuccessful. I usually ignore it, It bites,...

Who sings the song cut the crap? [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song cut the crap? It came out between 1987 or 88 I'm not 2 sure.

Holy Crap, I'm going to be a Dad. [ 5 Answers ]

I'm a recently separated (a few months), newly (found out Monday) frightened dad to be. I've never been so scared in my life because the person carrying my child is not my soon to be ex-wife. It's not that the person who is carrying my child isn't the most amazing woman I've ever met... it's that...

Crap telephone conversations [ 4 Answers ]

Now this may seem daft, my boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years, get on very well when we are together, I see him 5 nights a week, on the nights I don't see him he calls me but we hardly ever have anything to say, I struggle to get conversation out of him as he has never been one for...

Okay, so I tore the crap out of my basement floor... [ 5 Answers ]

... to rough-in for the bathroom I'm putting in. my questions are this: 1) Do I have to use Cast or can I use PVC for the stuff I'm putting in? 2) With the layout and location of things, it's going to end up where my bathroom sink and wall will be directly over the main line in the floor. ...

View more questions Search