We moved into our home last fall and had a mouse/mice (still not sure). We put out a bunch of poison bait and it seemed to do the trick.

Over the summer we bought a small dog, under 10 lbs.

We've heard some things running around upstairs in the unfinished area of the house- I saw a dead mouse in the basement and in the upstairs- so apparently the poison is still working- however, I'd like to know what to do ASIDE from poison and traps to get rid of them-

I worry that the dog will find and eat the poison, or find a mouse that ingested the poison and is either dead or stuck in a trap, and eat it and become sick. Since he's so small I'm sure it could have an impact on him, correct?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated- thanks!