Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    Brandy170's Avatar
    Brandy170 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Feb 6, 2011, 08:10 PM
    Employer hasn't paid owed wages
    I worked for a medical office and my salary as manager was suppose to be $48,000 yearly. I have been shorted several pay checks as there was not enough money to pay me. I am no longer working there and recently received my 1099 for the year and it showed that I was paid $17,000 for NINE months, I should have received over $30,000 by September (those NINE months). He refuses to pay me. Please advise what rights I have and what legal recourse I have from here? Thank you!
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692

    Feb 6, 2011, 08:45 PM

    First if you were paid as a 1099 worker, you were not an employee but a independent contractor which means he was not withholding or paying taxes on your income, ( which is going to have to be paid as such when you file your taxes ( assuming you are in the US)

    Next you know as a 1099 you were not covered by unemployment insurance and not covered by workers comp.

    At this point you have to sue them in court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I Report I paid wages back to may past employer? [ 1 Answers ]

I Was paid a draw, but I had to pay it back if I left before one year was up. I left before one year was up and I paid the draw back. However my past employer just sent me a W-2 with all of the wages they paid me.

Employer paid taxes being paid by employee [ 7 Answers ]

I started with a new company as an employee I am a loan officer I wanted to be an independent contractor as I have always been that in the past but they said I could not do so They are now requiring me to pay the employer taxes (FICA 6.2%, Medicare 1.45%, Fed/state unemployment 1% and 4.35% for...

I was paid more than I was owed by employer. [ 1 Answers ]

I was a salaried member of management at my job I recently stepped down from to go back to college. I was told on a certain date that I would not be paid as a salaried manager anymore. I than received pay after I left for more than a month. Do I need to pay them back. I am currently waiting...

Can my wages be garnished for balance owed to an attorney [ 4 Answers ]

Can my wages be garnished in New Mexico for a balance I owe to my attorney when he represented my in my divorce? I am giving payments however the phone calls to my employer do not stop and the threats of my wages being garnished continue.

View more questions Search