Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    A Mack Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2010, 01:27 PM
    Dropping my last name from my son's Name
    Okay, here's my problem I'm a single father my 7 year old son's last name was hyphenated with my last name at birth. But I didn't want that for him and hated it. As a man and father myself I just personally believe that boys names should not be hyphenated.I'm not big on the girls doing it either but I understand more because there's a 50% or more chance they will hyphenate there name one day if and when they get married. One it can be confusing and most of all if and when he gets married. His wife may be vary uneasy with taking his last name. Because she may want to hyphenate her name which in today's world a lot of women do.Example:she may be vary hesitant on having the name of- Tammy Smith-jenkins-walker plus her middle name. So instead of dealing with this kind of confusion when he gets older. I want to drop my last name from him so it doesn't make more problems for him. He's being told to write his last name two different ways and I never liked it from the start.I live in Maryland so how do I go about dropping my last name so it will take away future confusion. I rather see him with a more structured name even if it means dropping mine. Need help where can I go for this matter.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 19, 2010, 01:48 PM

What does his mother think?
    A Mack Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2010, 06:32 PM
    She thinks nothings wrong with it. But she knows I didn't like it for the start and just did it anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dropping dirty [ 2 Answers ]

I'm on probation for my first time & I just recentley failed a drug test. What could happen to me?

Dropping out at 16 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone... My son is 16 year old and has never like school. Since the beginning of his middle school years he has given me and his grandma problem to go to school. Now at 16 years old he does not want to attend school. His problem is he is not a morning person, he hates getting up to go to...

Baby dropping [ 2 Answers ]

I know with the first baby, they can drop quite a while before you go into labor. However, I am not sure what to think about with subsequent pregnancies, as I have heard you they usually don't drop until you go into early labor.So just looking for some opinions:) I've got six weeks left, and I feel...

Sound keeps dropping out [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a bit of a weird thing happening to my computer. When I go to play songs in itunes it plays for about 10sec then stops. If you leave the program running as it is it will come back in about half an hour later then stop again. Also when you are playing games like solitaire, after a...

View more questions Search