Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    addyshona Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2009, 06:26 AM
    3year old throws up as a tantrum
    My son gets coughs frequently and now he coughs wnevr he wants something n then throws up crying if not heard... we have tried to do everything but he ,s a cranky baby.:(
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2009, 06:41 AM

Throwing up frequently is not normal. Are you sure it's only a tantrum?
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2009, 09:49 AM

I would say its time to find the root of the cause of tantrums/meltdowns. And find out what is going on. Ask your pediatrition definitely. *hugs*
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2009, 10:09 AM

Hey,I did that as a 3 yo. Put fingers down throat, so I was told.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2009, 10:42 AM

My daughter was a puker,two years worth of it,she never lost weight and developed normally,I took her to two doctors,both said because she was developing normally if she did not stop by the time she was two years of age they would investigate... at one year and ten months she stopped...

Like your child she could make herself sick at her own will!

We tried varies methods to deter her but too no avail... the drawback was her baby teeth became quite an issue from all the vomit.

Rule out any health issues first before tackling the coughing and throwing up...

I suggest trying to break the cycle by distracting the child and getting there before the vomiting and coughing starts.
    Mistique Posts: 145, Reputation: 11

Nov 10, 2009, 08:56 AM

When a child is throwing a temper tantrum... it isn't just a temper tantrum. Their body goes under chemical changes and they are under "stress". Also if your child had spitting up issue in infancy it could mean gastric issues (gag reflux) and so something like crying could lead to coughing then to vomiting? As you know stress can do some really nasty things to your body... just an idea! You will have to address the reason why they are having temper tantrums.

Toddler Temper Tantrums - Dealing with Children's Fits & Rages

Toddler Vomiting Symptoms And Solutions.

Toddler Stress and What You Can Do About It

I really feel for you, the desperation, feeling at a loss... it is a terrible phase and you are not alone. I was there (mine is 2 1/2)... pending to be there again with my second... I think I am stuck there for another 5 years :(... haha! You will pull through it and babe will grow out of it - I was told "there is a light at the end of the tunnel". Just keep up the good work. Try to find ways to help stop the tantrums and find the triggers for it. Take breaks and take care of yourself too!

I would also discuss this with your doctor and Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3year relationship with married man! [ 36 Answers ]

Hi, I am a New member here so please bear with me! I am with a Married man I have been with him for nearly 3years previously before I was also with a Married man. Well yes you may think I am stupid, I met my boyfriend whilst I was married but was having problems with husband so I left him. My...

My three year old tantrum [ 8 Answers ]

I have got a three year old girl child who is adamant about everything.she throws tantrums and doesn't listens to us. At certain situations we yell at her as she doesn't listens to to any one of us. I lose my temper very soon and I have beat her very badly which I regrets a lot later on.kindly...

Why would a 3year old sweat excessively? [ 3 Answers ]

MY 3year old niece sweats excessively when she play outside or inside. Even after a bath in minutes she will be dripping with sweat and her underarm have a bad body order why?

If he wants to throw a tantrum, then why pee? [ 5 Answers ]

My son is almost 3 and has been diaper free for months, but whenever he throws a tantrum and I tend to ignor it, he pees in his pants and attending to him makes him feel he was forgiven and then the tantrum continues. What shall I do?

Tantrum of my 3 year old [ 2 Answers ]

I am a working mother. My daughter is 3 year old, adorable kid. She starts her day with a smile on face and then almost everything goes wrong. The moment she sees toothbrush she starts crying... from then on to almost every daily chore she whines. I specially dread the dinner time... She pushes...

View more questions Search