Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Queendutko Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2008, 07:07 PM
    Behavior changes and reactions
    Hi, My cat is 4 and is an indoor/outdoor cat. Usually, she is sharp and occasionally likes to cuddle. The past week she has been very jumpy and can't seem to get enough love and attention. Don't get me wrong, she is great but this is not her usual self. Her appetite and everything seems to be fine. Can anyone suggest anything?:rolleyes:
    Dana2007 Posts: 230, Reputation: 5

Feb 9, 2008, 07:51 PM
    It could be that your cat is sensing some health problem in you and by cuddling she is healing you.

I have noticed that with my cat also. He rarely sleeps in my bed but if he senses that something is not right in my body, he will sleep on my bed and run his energy on my body. He often senses where I have pain and he will go and lie right up against my pain.

Keep an eye on your health and make sure to follow up with your doctor to make sure everything is OK.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2008, 09:58 PM
    Where I live the mating season has started. Could she be hearing cats outside mating, howling or fighting. I know my cats get jumpy around this time of year even though they are spayed/neutered.
    xphelper Posts: 220, Reputation: 29

Feb 21, 2008, 11:24 AM
    I can tell you from experience with my last two females that "jumpiness" could be a sign of an enlarged heart (worst case scenario) so please get her to the vet asap for an analysis. Unfortunately, we didn't catch either of ours in time because we had no idea as to what was going on. However, I do remember the first time I noticed a change in mine. I noticed it specifically because my cat became unusually startled when she walked past the TV one day and that habit never changed until she passed away less than 1 year later due to an enlarged heart condition. In my opinion, any prolonged change of habits is a sign that something could be wrong. By the way, one of ours was only 4 years old when she was diagnosed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chemical Reactions [ 1 Answers ]

NaCl+AgNO3=

Precipitation reactions [ 1 Answers ]

What concentration of F- is necessary to start he precipitation of SrF2 from a saturated solution of SrSo4? Ksp of SrF2 is 7.9*10^-10 Ksp of SrSO4 is 7.6*10^-7 I do not know how to show the working for this question

Chemical reactions [ 1 Answers ]

What is the product when sulphuric acid and magnesium are chemically reacted together?

Reactions [ 1 Answers ]

Are these substitution or addition reactions? How can you tell and determine this? What are the products? Trichloromethane + chlorine --> Propene + bromine --> Ethylene + hydrogen iodide --> Ethane + chlorine -->

Reactions [ 1 Answers ]

What are the balanced chemical reactions and types of reactions for these: Carbon monoxide and iron(III) oxide react to produce iron and carbon dioxide. Aluminum and copper(II) sulphate react to produce copper and aluminum sulphate. Iron(III) nitrate and lithium hydroxide react to produce...

View more questions Search