Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carole1603 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2008, 05:38 PM
    Evicting my 21yr old daughter
    My 21 yr old daughter has been living in my house whilst I have been living abroad for last five years. She has paid no rent and only paid her bills for last year. Moved boyfrind in wiithout permission. Now I am home and she is abusive, disrespectful, lazy and refusing to pay her way. She has told me that I need court order to evict her from house. Is she right?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 19, 2008, 05:59 PM
    Before you left you should have set up some guidelines for her to follow, set down rules and possibly instituted a guardianship to safeguard your property and her. In any event, now you are suffering from what you should have done because you trusted her I guess, she was what, 16 when you left and no one was there to see to her ? How could you have expected a l6 year old to cope with everyday life and carry on a normal lifestyle living in a house by herself and get to 21 years old knowing what she was supposed to do?

There is some information missing here.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 19, 2008, 06:50 PM
    Yes, since she was living there alone as a tennat of some sort, yes it apperas you need to give her an official notice to move, and if she does not, take her to housing court to evict her.

Or pay her to move out now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Evicting someone [ 3 Answers ]

My ex-boyfriend won't leave my apartment. He does not pay any bills or household expenses. We broke up over 1 month ago and he said he is not leaving until he gets ready. Can't I do something about this? I am trying to evict him. I cannot break my lease and move elsewhere. I am trying to weigh my...

Evicting 20 yr old son [ 2 Answers ]

My son is my youngest child. He lives with me in my apt. He is on my lease as occupant. He does not work nor does he go to school. He flunked out of one college He enrolled in another for this semester. I paid his tuition and bought his books for one of his courses.

Mother Evicting Daughter And Kids [ 1 Answers ]

I am new to this, so here it goes: Two years ago my husband of 17 yrs abandoned the family (3 kids), didn't even say good-bye. This was emotionally traumatic for all of us. As a result the kids and I had to move back home. My mother is fed up with my son's behavior yet condones the abusive...

Evicting 18 yr old daughter New York [ 1 Answers ]

I live in New York. My daughter is irresponsible---no job and not looking. Can I give her a time frame to get a job and pay rent? How long do I have to wait to evict her. Tx, Tami

Evicting my daughter [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is very violent and when the police get here they say she lives here and she is allowed to stay. What do I do to evict her?she does not pay rent or anything she is also 35 years old.

View more questions Search