Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 30, 2007, 11:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Satina
    Often we find we have children who are very accurate and frustrating mirrors, showing us the most unliked parts of ourselves. Our challenge is to find a way to love not only them, but ourselves, and thus heal the whole situation. Our love partners are the same thing. They will also act as mirrors to show us parts of ourselves that need healing.
    Swiss psychiatrist Carl Jung called this our "shadow" selves--the parts of ourselves and others that we don't like. According to Jung, we deal with the reality of the Shadow in four ways: denial, projection, integration and/or transmutation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where Do I Stand If I Decide To Stand Up To Them? [ 26 Answers ]

I am posting this on behalf of my sister. She Wrote - Where do I stand if I decide to stand up to them and say enough is enough? This is the short version, I will go into more detail as we go along. I hope you can help me. I am in need of some serious advice. Got 2 grandchildren...

Extreme hurt over putdowns/lack of respect [ 4 Answers ]

I would appreciate a psychologist or therapist's answer to this: (or someone that has experienced this) I have experienced for a long time an extreme amount of verbal abuse and put-downs. I didn't receive as many put-downs when I was younger and skinnier. It happens at different places, but...

Lack of money, lack of job, banging my head against a brick wall it seems. [ 8 Answers ]

OK, this has been going on for over 6 months now and I need for it to end... ive not done anything and neither has he, but I am finding it very hard to get a job, the last job I had six months ago was temp,they let me go after a month being there. I have been trying hard to get work, as of yet its...

What does respect mean to you? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am wondering if anyone has any advice on respect in relationships/friendships. I am thinking about respecting space, values, requests, etc. What does respect mean to you?

No respect [ 7 Answers ]

Well.. I have been dating this guy for 15 months now, and for the last two months his respect for me has gone down hill, and sometimes he doesn't call me for two days at a time to tell me where he is, or that he's okay. I have to Plan ahead of time when I can hang out with him, because his friends...

View more questions Search