Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cinch23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2007, 03:27 AM
    Baby can't sleep unless it is pitch black
    My son and daughter in-law's home has a room for the baby which gets no natural light. The baby (4 months) now won't sleep unless it is pitch black. This is causing problems when they visit other family. Can he be trained to sleep anywhere else?? HELP PLEASE!
    tchalien Posts: 28, Reputation: 8

Nov 20, 2007, 06:35 AM
    I love how you worded it, "can he be trained". Yes, children can be taught to function in just about any environment. He only sleeps in pitch dark because that is what he is used to. If he is not used to something, it is difficult for him to adjust. Older children can adapt to new situations because they have experienced more. My kids can travel for hours in the car because we have exposed them to long car rides. It was not easy at first, but they are fine now.
    One thought is to put a very low watt night light in his room. This will create the difference of light that is found in other family houses. As with anything that a child needs to learn, this will take time. This will also be difficult, because he will probably fuss until he is used to it. He will come along. Think about it, we all slept in pitch dark for 9 months in the womb. We all got used to it. He will be fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baby salivating and foaming during sleep [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, My 9-week-old baby boy has been waking up several times at night (5 times already, spread in a month) with the mouth full of saliva and a little bit of foam (not soapy, just like saliva bubbles), and with difficulties breathing. The first time he even coughed quite a bit after I took him...

Baby gets startled out of sleep often [ 4 Answers ]

Our baby is 9 weeks old right now and does not sleep well yet. He certainly does not sleep through the night but that is not the worst of it. When we do finally get him to start falling asleep, (day or night) he will wake up startled about every 10 minutes like if we just had woke up from a...

Baby black tongue [ 3 Answers ]

Why is my 9 month old boy has some black on his tongue

10month 3 week baby - lack of sleep [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 10 month 3 weeks baby boy - who is a wee dream, he is so good natured and content. We have one small problem... sleeping. He will not sleep through the night. He is still sharing our bedroom but is moving in the next month or so to his own room. I have no problem getting him to sleep...

View more questions Search