Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bennieboy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2006, 06:11 PM
    Title of 80s puppet movie about monsters
    This movie was my fave as a kid but I don't know its name. A dude gets married and the honeymoon is to this island resort run by monsters. The characters are all really cool puppets and the island is dark with a castle like hotel. The only detail I remember is a hunch-back concierge who is in love with a woman, she calls him a creep and then finds him crawling up the stairs after her, he says "she told me to creep, so I am creeping" or something like that. I was pretty young so I'm vague about much more, other than it was hilarious. Pre 1985 id say, I called it the monster movie but that's not the title. Can anyone help me?
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2006, 08:28 PM
    I'm not sure, a bit of a stretch probably, but could it be Haunted Honeymoon (1986) ? I haven't seen it for quite a while and I don't remember there being puppets in it, but the other things you mention fit with it. I remember it as being very funny... it stars Gene Wilder, Gilda Radner and Dom Deluise, all very funny people. Here's the link to it at the IMdB if you want to check it out:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091178/

The only other movie I can think of that was silly and had lots of monsters in it was Saturday the 14th, but it doesn't have the other plot aspects you mentioned.
    bennieboy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2006, 03:34 AM
    Thanks Orange but there are no actors involved, its all puppet. (I think!):)
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2006, 10:42 AM
    Oh it's ALL puppets... so sorry I misread your question. I am really curious about it now, it sounds pretty cool. I will keep looking for you.
    Madpuppet2009 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2009, 11:27 PM
    I believe You are looking for Mad Monster Party.
    frandesouza Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2010, 01:27 PM
    I'm from Uruguay, I'm 40 years old, I was looking for this movie since I was a kid, and I didn't know its name... until this very moment!! Thanks!!
    apapaumamaw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2010, 07:15 AM
    It's puppet master. It was released in 1989. The second part, puppet master II was released in 1991.
    nellric Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2010, 02:07 AM
    Thank the Lord for Madpuppet2009, I have been searching and searching for this movie. Thank you thank you. I always loved this movie and couldn't find it once dvd came out.
    lukem82 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2010, 12:28 AM
    OMG, that is the one. Thanks guys. I was just looking for it and have been thinking about it for ages. Funny the things we remember and want to connect with again. This is the stuff I want to show my kids one day, when ever that happens. :P

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very Very Vague Description of 80's Children Movie... Need movie title [ 8 Answers ]

Ok there's probably no hope here but I'll try anyway... There is a movie I watched when I was very young and would like to get a hold of it. It was in the mid 80's when I watched it but the movie could have been made in the 70's sometime. Pretty much the only part I can remember is these...

Movie title [ 3 Answers ]

Movie title -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A friend asked me about this.. but I haven't a clue: He says it wasn't one a the journey to the center of the earth movies...

Movie Title Help? 80's Movie? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello All. I need help with the title of a movie I remember from when I was younger. I think the movie was made in the 80's, but possibly early 90's. The main character was a man who came back to earth to help the son of a woman who he loved. She is now married and has a son in High School. I...

I am looking for a movie title... [ 3 Answers ]

This movie was one of those cheesy, cheesy haunted house movies(I think). I don't know what city it was made in or what city it was set in either. What I remember were some high school or college kids dressed for Halloween. They went to this house and were either throwing a party there or...

View more questions Search