Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheni1432 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2007, 01:40 PM
    What are visions?
    Is it common to foresee things in dreams? And if so is it always a clear vision or if it isn't clear does that mean it wasn't a vision.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2007, 07:38 PM
    What you are asking about is open to lots of interpretation as well as definition by anyone who wants to discuss the subject.

For me, I believe that dreams are ways that our minds sort through things that we are trying figure out that could concern good or bad things in our lives, in the past or even in the future.

If you are afraid of something that might happen, it very well may be that you could dream about it happening. Then, when it happens, you could say that you foresaw it happening. After all, you've got a 50/50 chance of being correct - either it will happen or it won't. The same thing could be said about dreaming about things about which you are not afraid and that you would like to happen. As such, I think that it is fairly common for people to "foresee" things in dreams.

Whether a dream is clear or not, I don't think matters very much. It depends on how well you remember the dream and what your interpretation of what you experienced/saw in the dream that counts. We can't all just jump inside each other's minds while we are sleeping and find out what was really going on.

I'm not going to say that a person can't predict the future by what they dream. I think that sometimes when some sort of catastrophic event is going to occur, that the collective minds of many may know that it is going to happen. For example: the assassination of then President John F. Kennedy in 1963. Unfortunately, I can't cite any sources on this right now, because information on the Internet concerning it seems to be hard to find. But, it is something that I have heard about. Whether it is true or not, I don't know. I do think that we are all connected by a force where it may be possible for us to collectively think that something might happen.

Think about why so many of us pray together?

Hopefully, others will come along to share what they think concerning the questions that you have asked.

You might like to check out the following sites for more information.

Dream interpretation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

dreams predicting the future - Google Search

precognition definition - Google Search

seeing visions - Google Search

dream interpretation - Google Search

Dream Analysis and Interpretation - Understanding Dreams

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search