Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MeMeMoo Posts: 34, Reputation: 5

Feb 21, 2009, 07:08 PM
    Language. Development of Latin
    Heyy,

Could anyone tell me what language the Franks ( German tribe in the Middle Ages ) adapted?

It's the development of Latin, but I'm not sure of what its called.

Thankss. :)
    Akoue Posts: 1,098, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2009, 08:29 PM

There's Frankish (sometimes called Old Frankish), which is Germanic, and there's Old French, which is what resulted from the comingling of Frankish and Latin. Is this what you were looking for, or are you after something more specific? Other possibilities include langue d'oil and romana lingua.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 21, 2009, 08:32 PM

Old Frankish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What if community language is my national language [ 1 Answers ]

Australian community language Urdu is my national language. Now, please tell me in this case if I want to claim these points what documents are required? Even I am native Urdu speaker.

How to change language in 'Regional and Language Options' without restarting? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there! On windows I have to work on 3 languages, Japanese, English and Thai. Some programs I use don't work on Thai-English windows, so I have to switch the window language to Japanese-English in 'Regional and Language Options' and it restart every time. There's any ways to set window...

A degree in Early Childhood Development [ 2 Answers ]

What does it take to get a degree in early childhood development? (every class and grades needed to get the degree) What can you do with the degree? Can I take a class online for this and if so is it credited the same?

View more questions Search