Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chainsaw's Avatar
    chainsaw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #1

    Oct 21, 2003, 10:52 AM
    Are blondes really dumb
    Is it ture that blondes are really dumb
    elina's Avatar
    elina Posts: 137, Reputation: 1
    Junior Member
     
    #2

    Oct 21, 2003, 11:39 PM
    Re: are blondes really dumb
    chainsaw, hi, well, in truth, that really depends on who you ask.. like anything else. But in this case, that is the stereotypical mentality because radiant blonde- haired girls are perceived to have the most fun, because, in general, they get the most attention from guys and in turn, get asked out a lot. Same goes for blonde-haired guys.

    On the other hand, most people critical of blondes are the ones that does NOT get asked out as often as the obvious-looking bright-color blondes. In effect, you could say these non-blondes are VERY JEALOUS of all the attention blondes are getting. And that is the way non-blondes do to "get even" with the blondes. Since blondes are having so much fun, they will probably not think about school work as much.

    But of course, that is not true. I happened to know and used to go out with a lot of blondes who were actually quite brainy, even nerdy I might add ;D
    Hello_Peace's Avatar
    Hello_Peace Posts: 12, Reputation: 2
    New Member
     
    #3

    Apr 8, 2004, 05:13 AM
    Re: are blondes really dumb
    It's a term to put people down, and de-value the person. I more or less agree with what the other person replied to this question.

    But why did having blond hair become negative?
    Women making themselves conform to stereotypes is perceived by certain groups as 'dumb'. The stereotyped good-looking woman in USA is, what? You tell me. Barbie-doll type looking women, i.e.. Bleached-blond, little or no body hair, whatever.
    Feminists from the 1960's were angry not only at the barriers they faced in society, but at the lack of political thinking among the women they perceived to be down-trodden by the patriarchy (literally, 'male-rule'). So women who call other women 'dumb-blond' may be doing it in disdain, because they think she looks like she is trying to conform to expectations, to do what men want, rather than being herself... or spending her time making a larger contribution to the world than merely her own beauty, or the attraction of approval from others. Feminists believe that women are more than that.
    Women from wealthy social strata now have access to information/education and more options in life, and can simultaneously have responsibility and respect in the home or at the workplace, so we now have these powerful wealthy women cruising around with blond hair.
    But "Dumb blond" can still conjure up connotations of uneducated, sexually available women in stereotypical roles, who only care about getting a man or being pretty. Its unfair for people to label women of being like this, its derogatory.
    On the other hand, I'm blond and I've always thought blond jokes are quite funny. But I'm quite secure, and I imagine it could hurt some peoples' feelings.
    clnm27824's Avatar
    clnm27824 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #4

    Mar 18, 2007, 04:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by elina
    chainsaw, hi, well, in truth, that really depends on who you ask..like anything else. But in this case, that is the stereotypical mentality because radiant blonde- haired girls are perceived to have the most fun, because, in general, they get the most attention from guys and in turn, get asked out a lot. Same goes for blonde-haired guys.

    On the other hand, most people critical of blondes are the ones that does NOT get asked out as often as the obvious-looking bright-color blondes. In effect, you could say these non-blondes are VERY JEALOUS of all the attention blondes are getting. And that is the way non-blondes do to "get even" with the blondes. Since blondes are having so much fun, they will probably not think about school work as much.

    But of course, that is not true. I happened to know and used to go out with a lot of blondes who were actually quite brainy, even nerdy I might add ;D
    Excuse me you quote blondes have fun u can say tha all u want but my saying i blondes have fun but burnettes get it done take that
    blondesaredabestindaworld's Avatar
    blondesaredabestindaworld Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #5

    Dec 27, 2007, 12:22 PM
    OK chainsaw, first u spelled true wrong so much for blondes being dumb? We are not dumb, guys like us better because we are better looking get over it. Us blondes are smart enough to know that u pathetic people are just green with envy:p
    N0help4u's Avatar
    N0help4u Posts: 19,825, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member
     
    #6

    Dec 30, 2007, 08:59 AM
    A blonde and a lawyer are seated next to each other on a flight from LA to NY. The lawyer asks if she would like to play a fun game? The blonde, tired, just wants to take a nap, politely declines and rolls over to the window to catch a few winks. The lawyer persists and explains that the game is easy and a lot of fun. He explains, "I ask you a question, and if you don't know the answer, you pay me $5.00, and vice versa. " Again, she declines and tries to get some sleep. The lawyer, now agitated, says, "Okay, if you don't know the answer you pay me $5.00, and if I don't know the answer, I will pay you $500.00." This catches the blonde's attention and, figuring there will be no end to this torment unless she plays, agrees to the game. The lawyer asks the first question. "What's the distance from the earth to the moon?" The blonde doesn't say a word, reaches into her purse, pulls out a $5.00 bill and hands it to the lawyer. "Okay" says the lawyer, "your turn." She asks the lawyer, "What goes up a hill with three legs and comes down with four legs?" The lawyer, puzzled, takes out his laptop computer and searches all his references, no answer. He taps into the air phone with his modem and searches the net and the library of congress, no answer.

    Frustrated, he sends e-mails to all his friends and coworkers, to no avail. After an hour, he wakes the blonde, and hands her $500.00. The blonde says, "Thank you," and turns back to get some more sleep. The lawyer, who is more than a little miffed, wakes the blonde and asks, "Well, what's the answer?" Without a word, the blonde reaches into her purse, hands the lawyer $5.00, and goes back to sleep.
    --------------------------
    Collateral
    A blonde walks into a bank in New York City and asks for the loan officer. She says she's going to Europe on business for two weeks and needs to borrow $5,000. The bank officer says the bank will need some kind of security for the loan, so the blonde hands over the keys to a new Rolls Royce. The car is parked on the street in front of the bank, she has the title and everything checks out. The bank agrees to accept the car as collateral for the loan. The bank's president and its officers all enjoy a good laugh at the blonde for using a $250,000 Rolls as collateral against a $5,000 loan. An employee of the bank then proceeds to drive the Rolls into the bank's underground garage and parks it there.

    Two weeks later, the blonde returns, repays the $5,000 and the interest, which comes to $15.41. The loan officer says, "Miss, we are very happy to have had your business, and this transaction has worked out very nicely, but we are a little puzzled. While you were away, we checked you out and found that you are a multimillionaire. What puzzles us is, why would you bother to borrow $5,000?" The blond replies... "Where else in New York City can I park my car for two weeks for only $15.41 and expect it to be there when I return?"
    sad bout sam's Avatar
    sad bout sam Posts: 2, Reputation: 2
    New Member
     
    #7

    Dec 31, 2007, 03:42 PM
    No Blondes are like really smart!! @ my school most of the blonde people like me r n the smart classes so I hope that answers your stupid question ( u must be a brunett)
    rush1615's Avatar
    rush1615 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #8

    Mar 19, 2008, 11:51 PM
    Blondes are Dumb
    rush1615's Avatar
    rush1615 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #9

    Mar 19, 2008, 11:53 PM
    Once our teacher asked in class that where can you find Yak?? One blondes in excitement replied "In desert".. the class started laughing... because Yak is found in cold climate... heheheh.. so Dumb
    rush1615's Avatar
    rush1615 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #10

    Mar 19, 2008, 11:57 PM
    Hey the joke for lawyer... I think that lawyer must be a blonde guy/girl... hehehe

    Elina... it is not the question that who ask blondes girls more... it is the question of common sense... Obviously that school kids don't have much understanding and so they like blonde girl... but in reality man like brunettes much more...
    Unregistered's Avatar
    Unregistered Posts: n/a, Reputation:
    Guest
     
    #11

    Apr 1, 2008, 09:26 AM
    Blondes are so not dumb... I am a natural blonde and happen to be in honor classes. Its not fair for anyone to say blondes are dumb. I have many friends who are brunette who have " blonde moments " too. As far as men finding blondes more attractive, that's a bunch of bull... it just depends on the guys preference so get bent on that one. You I'm a blonde, and I have fun, so do my friends... what's your point eh?
    rab5700's Avatar
    rab5700 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2
    New Member
     
    #12

    Apr 8, 2008, 09:17 AM
    All the true blonds I've met over the years were very intelligent and educated, some pretty, some not. But when I come across a blond that is not too smart I check for dark roots.
    Imaawesomegal's Avatar
    Imaawesomegal Posts: 4, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #13

    May 20, 2009, 10:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    A blonde and a lawyer are seated next to each other on a flight from LA to NY. The lawyer asks if she would like to play a fun game? The blonde, tired, just wants to take a nap, politely declines and rolls over to the window to catch a few winks. The lawyer persists and explains that the game is easy and a lot of fun. He explains, "I ask you a question, and if you don't know the answer, you pay me $5.00, and vice versa. " Again, she declines and tries to get some sleep. The lawyer, now agitated, says, "Okay, if you don't know the answer you pay me $5.00, and if I don't know the answer, I will pay you $500.00." This catches the blonde's attention and, figuring there will be no end to this torment unless she plays, agrees to the game. The lawyer asks the first question. "What's the distance from the earth to the moon?" The blonde doesn't say a word, reaches into her purse, pulls out a $5.00 bill and hands it to the lawyer. "Okay" says the lawyer, "your turn." She asks the lawyer, "What goes up a hill with three legs and comes down with four legs?" The lawyer, puzzled, takes out his laptop computer and searches all his references, no answer. He taps into the air phone with his modem and searches the net and the library of congress, no answer.

    Frustrated, he sends e-mails to all his friends and coworkers, to no avail. After an hour, he wakes the blonde, and hands her $500.00. The blonde says, "Thank you," and turns back to get some more sleep. The lawyer, who is more than a little miffed, wakes the blonde and asks, "Well, what's the answer?" Without a word, the blonde reaches into her purse, hands the lawyer $5.00, and goes back to sleep.
    --------------------------
    Collateral
    A blonde walks into a bank in New York City and asks for the loan officer. She says she's going to Europe on business for two weeks and needs to borrow $5,000. The bank officer says the bank will need some kind of security for the loan, so the blonde hands over the keys to a new Rolls Royce. The car is parked on the street in front of the bank, she has the title and everything checks out. The bank agrees to accept the car as collateral for the loan. The bank's president and its officers all enjoy a good laugh at the blonde for using a $250,000 Rolls as collateral against a $5,000 loan. An employee of the bank then proceeds to drive the Rolls into the bank's underground garage and parks it there.

    Two weeks later, the blonde returns, repays the $5,000 and the interest, which comes to $15.41. The loan officer says, "Miss, we are very happy to have had your business, and this transaction has worked out very nicely, but we are a little puzzled. While you were away, we checked you out and found that you are a multimillionaire. What puzzles us is, why would you bother to borrow $5,000?" The blond replies......................"Where else in New York City can I park my car for two weeks for only $15.41 and expect it to be there when I return?"
    How dare you put stuff like that in here. This isn't a place to be putting blonde jokes. I think NOWHERE is the place to put them in
    Imaawesomegal's Avatar
    Imaawesomegal Posts: 4, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #14

    May 20, 2009, 11:01 PM

    THEY ARE SO NOT DUMB... I am a blonde and to be quite honest I'm a nerd. I have glasses. I spend 2344445 hours on the computer. And I'm in the top math groups in my school. HOW DARE ANYONE say that about blondes they are as smart as anyone else, actually I've met more smart people that are blonde then people with brown hair.
    Imaawesomegal's Avatar
    Imaawesomegal Posts: 4, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #15

    May 20, 2009, 11:07 PM
    The people that tease me are just f****ng jelous of me they call me quote " The dumbest blonde nerd ever" just because of my blonde hair and my glasses, isn't that unbelievable, DON'T judge ANYONE by the colour of their hair! NEVER! EVER! Actually the girl that teases me, is the biggest brat ever, she flicks her hair and everything, I don't do none of that. I love sport and the computer equally but I hate blondes jokes, their totally not true, sorry to be mean or anything, I think there are more dumb brown heads then blondes...
    Imaawesomegal's Avatar
    Imaawesomegal Posts: 4, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #16

    May 20, 2009, 11:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rush1615 View Post
    Once our teacher asked in class that where can you find Yak??? One blondes in excitement replied "In desert"..the class started laughing...because Yak is found in cold climate....heheheh..so Dumb
    f***K of
    RUM's Avatar
    RUM Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #17

    Nov 30, 2009, 07:03 PM
    That's an old myth that's sound crapy... whoever 1st said blondes are dumb is dumberer... whats hair color got to do with the brains,. or does hair connect all the way to the brain!! oh I didn't know that.
    dontknownuthin's Avatar
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member
     
    #18

    Dec 1, 2009, 09:29 AM

    Sorry but this is kind of a goofy question... some blondes are dumb, some are rocket scientists.

    There is a stereotype generally that beautiful women cannot also be smart - of course, that beauty inspires envy, and envy is ugly enough to generate insults about other aspects of the person.

    There also is a tendency of some women to "dumb" themselves down as part of their big flirtacious act - to act like they are helpless and need a man to take care of them. But don't be fooled - they know exactly what they are doing in this manipulation.

    Fortunately as women are more valued for our brains, and beauty is less narrowly defined, most women are recognizing the whole game is ridiculous, and men are recognizing how boring it is to be with dumb women - whether the dumb part is an act or real, and regardless of hair color!
    onc upon a time's Avatar
    onc upon a time Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #19

    Jan 9, 2010, 08:35 PM
    Well actually blondes are just normal people but with different hair. So if you say that blondes are smart and nerdy, you're wrong. If you say that blondes are dumb and stupid, you're still incorrect. There are intelligence OK blondes, dumb blondes AND smart blondes. That goes for all people, SEE? Brunnettes can be stupid OR nerdy too!
    onc upon a time's Avatar
    onc upon a time Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #20

    Jan 9, 2010, 08:35 PM
    Well actually blondes are just normal people but with different hair. So if you say that blondes are smart and nerdy, you're wrong. If you say that blondes are dumb and stupid, you're still incorrect. There are intelligence OK blondes, dumb blondes AND smart blondes. That goes for all people, SEE? Brunnettes can be stupid OR nerdy too!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

 

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search


Check out some similar questions!

Are we dumb a##'s that is missing something. [ 2 Answers ]

My wife got a greate dane he is now 10 weeks old.We read and have been told not to spank him or jerk him around because we will hurt his feelings or even may be hurt him. Ok then what are we suposta do then.there is just so many things I can list that he is doing that I feel like getting a low...

Dumb question? [ 5 Answers ]

Can someone explain, by example(s) the difference(s) between a dry vent and a wet vent? Looked all over the Internet for examples... now more confused than ever.

Help me I'm dumb [ 1 Answers ]

What are some common uses for calcium carbonate?

I'm dumb... [ 7 Answers ]

Hi there does anyone know the difference between GB and MB when it comes to disk space?

Dumb about men [ 1 Answers ]

What do you think of a first date with a man and both like the date & each other a lot. He calls right away about liked date & wants to go out again. He calls, again but never gets around to when 2nd date? Talks about where to go etc. Confused. Still likes me, etc. Should I give up or what? Should...


View more questions Search