Ask
    menusha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2005, 10:49 PM
    Regarding mail accounts
    Can we take deleted mails back, from Yahoo mail account
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 4, 2005, 06:33 AM
    If its gone from the Deleted folder, its gone. Try asking the sender to resend.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2005, 06:58 AM
    Yahoo email
    Hi,
    No, once it is deleted, it is gone.
    I wish there were a better way, but Yahoo completely deletes it.

Just for information:
    If you wish to add or subtract from an Experts' reputation, or show appreciation or discontent with an answer, click on the "balance scales" icon by the Experts' name. You can then choose what you wish.

Best wishes,
    fredg

Mar 4, 2005, 09:38 AM
    Hearing an echo again. :)

Mar 4, 2005, 09:41 AM
    Hearing an echo again. :)

Just to clarify, Yahoo doesn't "completely delete it". Yahoo e-mail works like any other. Your mailbox is a database on their servers. When you delete an e-mail you are deleting a record in the database. Only Yahoo would be able to recover that record, but there is no way they will go to the time and expense to do so. So, from a practical standpoint, its gone.
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Mar 4, 2005, 02:59 PM
    Email
    Maybe I've had too much wine to celebrate William's honor,but here's a silly little thought of mine.If you can use system restore on XP to technically go back to an earlier time before your present configeration settings went awol.Ie thus proving that delete doesn't really do anything of the sort (system restore would not work otherwise).If your email account went gaga,through no fault of your own,I wonder why email clients don't have a kind of system restore back-up on their servers.If one of my accounts with my ISP went down,why can't the company 'roll back the time' say one day.Alright,anyone that sent me something today,would not be seen till tomorrow? but that's no problem.If it was that important,they'd use a mobile :D

As you say Scott,recovery is all about time and money.Or am I talking gibberish.

Yes I know once your old account goes in the dustbin,you have to create a new one,but just a thought.

Cheers,
    Nez.

Mar 4, 2005, 05:51 PM
    Nez,
    That's why I objected to the statement that "Yahoo completely deletes it". Lets say the server where Yahoo stores the mailboxes of x number of clients crashes. And they have to restore from a backup made the previous night. After the mailbox owner deleted the mail. Then they might find the mail restored.

As a practical matter I'm sure Yahoo uses clustered servers with Raid, fault tolerant systems so that data is mirrored and a crash of one server would just result in a switch to another. But I'm also sure there are backup tapes as well (See recent news story where Bank Of America backup tapes where stolen on their way to a warehouse. The tapes had personal info on several US Senators).

But I can't see Yahoo going to the expense of restoring an e-mail for a user. So, as a practical matter, you delete an e-mail and its bye-bye.
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2005, 04:48 AM
    Deleted email
    Hi,
    Like I said, it's gone; deleted; can't get it back.
    Best wishes,
    fredg

Mar 5, 2005, 06:08 AM
    But why did you need to say it Fred? I'm just curious as to why you needed to post an answer that echoed my earlier answer? Can you explain?
    jasper_2005 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2005, 01:29 AM
    Help
    Please help me restore my Yahoo id and all the deleted and the previous messages inside that id this is my Yahoo id [email protected] and the other one is [email protected]
    jasper_2005 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2005, 01:58 AM
    How will I restore my Yahoo id can I restore if someone delted my id the id is still active I think they deleted my password can I restore my password or get a new password I've tried to get a new one I need to submitted my birthday and postal but I forgot what postal number I put there would help me reagrding this matter

Aug 15, 2005, 05:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jasper_2005
    how will i restore my yahoo id can i restore if someone delted my id the id is still active i think they deleted my password can i restore my password or get a new password ive tried to get a new one i need to submitted my birthday and postal but i forgot what postal number i put there would help me reagrding this matter
    You NEED to contact Yahoo on this. Go to the Help links and dig in there until you get an e-mail form to fill out.
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2005, 06:26 AM
    Deleted Email
    Hi,
    You cannot restore deleted emails.
    Best wishes,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Estate accounts. & tax no. [ 3 Answers ]

My brother is the exector of my aunts estate. He has a joint checking account. The aunt died. Before she died she sent in forms to sell 9 different stocks. If my brother calls the IRS for a tax no. and they give him one. Can he start putting in the stock checks in the bank and start use the money...

T accounts [ 2 Answers ]

I am having trouble putting together these T accounts: A invested 16000 from personal account B bought delivery trucks on account 1800 C bought office equipment for cash 600 D paid advertising 250 E collected cash for delivery 2600 F paid salaries 900 G paid gas for trucks 1200 H performed...

Estate Accounts [ 2 Answers ]

My spouse died and her bank wants to send a check to "The Estate of Blank BlanK" how does one go about opening an Estate Account?:confused:

Where do these Accounts go? [ 2 Answers ]

I have to prepare financial statements for an assignment and I was wondering on which statements these accounts are relevant and reported and what are they classified as(revenue, expense, liability, asset etc. ) Provision for Loss Accumulated Depreciation Allowance for Doubtful Accounts Any...

View more questions Search