Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    akimes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2011, 02:23 PM
    General electric clothes dryer how to remove drum bearing? Model no. DHDVH52EFDWW
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2011, 01:56 AM
    You need to pull the drum out in order to do this. While you have it apart you need to clean the dust and buildup from all air passages and blow out dust from motor. Take it apart and clean blower wheel, also. You should be able to see how to do this fairly easily if you are mechanically minded. It is best to put drier in garage where you have plenty of space and lay it on its back to pull drum. You may need to support the back on blocks to prevent damage to vent pipe. After drum is pulled stand it back upright to work on the rest of it. You also want to replace the belt while you have it apart. Bearings on a drier need high-temp white grease, but if it has already run dry the only solution is to replace the bearing. DrTom4444

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Squeaky Maytag electric clothes dryer model #MDE4806AYW [ 2 Answers ]

Applguy gave some great advice on squeaky Frigidaire clothes dryers. Several people used his advice to repair their clothes dryer. However I need advice on my Maytag electric clothes dryer model #MDE4806AYW. My problem sounds very similar but it is a different brand dryer. Thanks for any help.

Roper electric clothes dryer will not heat up model #REL4634BW2 [ 1 Answers ]

Roper electric clothes dryer will not heat up Model #REL4634BW2. Drum turns but no heat

Is there a way to check dryer drum roller bearing w/o removing the drum? [ 0 Answers ]

Dryer makes a tapping noise when you turn it on, doesn't make noise when you hand turn it. Have taken apart and check for any item that might be stuck to belt or roller w/o removing the drum. All check out okay. Believe it is a roller bearing but can't determine which one, have not taken drum off....

Rear bearing on General Electric clothes dryer [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how to replace the rear bearing on dryer model DDE6500GALAD? I can put a drop of oil on it from the rear of the dryer and it stops squeaking for a few loads but then starts again. I can't find any documentation for it on the GE site. Thanks

View more questions Search