Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    berzerkerz Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2007, 05:10 AM
    Toshiba Tecra A2 BIOS password
    I have a Toshiba Tecra A2 system, and it requests a password nearly as soon as it boots. I've tried to locate the CMOS battery, but was unsuccessful. I've searched Toshiba.com for resetting BIOS settings, but no luck so far. Is anyone familiar with resetting BIOS passwords of this model?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 19, 2007, 05:42 AM
    Toshiba machines BIOS reset needs to be done by Toshiba.
    Sorry about that.

Jan 19, 2007, 06:27 AM
    Hmm... But that would cost a lot of money wouldn't it? Is there another way to do it myself or something that wouldn't cost so much?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 19, 2007, 06:31 AM
    Toshiba's are well known for being a pain when it comes to BIOS resets.
    The normal battery pull idea doesn't work.

Jan 19, 2007, 07:29 AM
    LOL yeah, I found out the hard way... from what I saw on the Mobo, there was no battery, nor any identifiable bios chip or jumper. Looks like I'll have to take it to the shop.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

BIOS key for Toshiba Satellite 5205 Series [ 13 Answers ]

Does anyone know what key or keys are required to enter BIOS on the Toshiba Satellite 5205-S703 laptop? ESC F1 or F2 only get this response. "Restore default BIOS (Y/N)" Thanks... Bob A.

Toshiba Laptop Bios Password [ 5 Answers ]

Hey all, I had my friend setup a Bios password on my Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop yesterday, and I lost the piece of paper he wrote the password on. When I asked him what he set it up as he said he forgot. We've been trying all sorts of things it could be, but no success. I use my laptop for my...

Toshiba Labtop Bios (PORTEGE) [ 3 Answers ]

HI EVERYONE I have Toshiba labtop and I have unknown password on the bios that one of my customers don't remember wats the password is and I can't enter to the bios because that and the problem is there is no com port on it just the external monitor port if anyone can help I will appreciated that ...

Bios password [ 13 Answers ]

Please someone give me a toshiba bios backdoor password, My bios are password protected and I don't remember the password . :confused:

Toshiba Laptop BIOS Password Cracker [ 15 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I have Toshiba Satellite 1800 Laptop. The Laptop has a BIOS password that I didn't know. When my company bought it for me it was set by a password. No one knows what the password is. Could you please Help me on this. I've tried a lot including resetin by using the parellel port....

View more questions Search