Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 03:41 AM
    Tech Support
    I had been doing Tech Support for Hewlett-Packard's DeskJet division for about a month when I had a customer call with a problem I just couldn't solve. She could not print yellow.

All the other colors would print fine, which truly baffled me because the only true colors are cyan, magenta, and yellow.

For instance, green is a combination of cyan and yellow, but green printed fine. Every color of the rainbow printed fine except for yellow.

I had the customer change ink cartridges. I had the customer delete and reinstall the drivers. Nothing worked. I asked my coworkers for help; they offered no new ideas.

After over two hours of troubleshooting, I was about to tell the customer to send the printer in to us for repair when she asked quietly, "Should I try printing on a piece of white paper instead of this yellow paper?"
    orangeknight Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2007, 05:27 AM
    Welcome to the world of the Help Desk- I once was helping someone who was in the middle of a power outage, and she wanted to be walked through the proper procedure for this. I always start with the battery backup, and when she couldn't find it, I tried describing it to her in a different manner- She finally located it, and said,"you mean this big heavy box with the sticker on it that says' what to do in the event of a power outage'?" I asked her to repeat what she had just said. She did, then quietly thanked me and hung up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Regarding m.tech [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, This is anand .My gate rank is 711 in eee department.I have obc reservation also. Can I get admission in iits?Is there any site which gives number of obc candidates before this rank.If there is achance for admitting into iits to which iits I need to apply? Kindly forward this...

Beware. Warning. Vonage problems & Tech Support STINKS! [ 2 Answers ]

I am a very patient person - especially with newer technologies, but with Vonage I am at wits end. I got vonage for our small business and in the 16 days since I've had it installed I've spent more time on the phone with them than I have with business calls! 1. Generally: When you call their...

M.Tech [ 1 Answers ]

HI, I did M.C.A and having 3years of experience in teaching.I want to do M.Tech from distance Education.Please tell me the universities who offer M.Tech in computer sciences through distance education.

M.Tech [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have recently completed AMIE in Mechanical. I want to do M.Tech through distance education. Please suggest me the universities in India that are offering the same. Waiting for your reply.. Thanks, Prasad P.D

Support tech [ 2 Answers ]

When you call support tech they know everything what to do in a book or something? How does one like myself get the same book or info they do when they are talking to you over the phone? I would like to have the same informaion they have. Thank you [email protected]

View more questions Search