Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chally Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2007, 01:13 PM
    I'm losing my best friend do I ask her to choose?
    My best friend has been dating this kid for a while know, and we used to spend every moment togerher. And know we see each other less and less and now I never see her at all. I miss her a bunch... I want her to be happy but at the same time if she is happy with him I will loose her... do I tell her how I feel about this? Should I ask her to choose?
    MrsJoseph06 Posts: 189, Reputation: 22

Apr 5, 2007, 01:20 PM
    Hi I'm sorry you are going through this! I went through the same thing with my best friend of five years in High school! She started to date this guy and was always blowing me off that and her boyfriend was cheating on her and I even caught him! It was just a really bad relationship! I sat down with her and talked about the whole thing and we cried and she said I was right and she was going to break up with him but then she dident! She siad he appologized! And I'm sorry but if you are young in High School or whatever your friends should come first it's not likely that you will marry that person! In the end we kind of stopped being friends it still makes me sad to this day that we are not friends anymore!
    I would say talk to her about it! Tell her how you feel! That you are feeling really hurt! You're her best friend! Good luck!
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2007, 01:37 PM
    Don't talk to her about it and don't get crazy with her. And NO, don't ask her to choose. That's not how friends should be. All you can do is be her friend when she needs you. Don't be pushy. Hang out when you can but if you cant, find someone else to hang out with and don't cause a stink over it.

I assume you a male, right? That means that you and her have a opposite sex friendship. You just don't have the leverage to force her to hand out with you. Especially if she has a boyfriend now. You will have to learn to back off. That's just the way it is. You can try like this guy above me here but as you can see from his post, it just doesn't work that way.

And for all those guys out there that try to hold on so tightly to a "friendship" with a girl, you will have to learn the same thing. Odds are, you have DEEP feelings for her and most likely are in love with her... but if she just wants to be friends, then she JUST WANTS TO BE FRIENDS. And believe it or not, that is COMPLETELY different than your male friends. Don't expect to just hang out with her all the time, etc. Just my warning ;)
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 5, 2007, 02:33 PM
    Leave this alone and let her have her life. It is unreasonable and selfish to make her choose or say anything about what she does. Be a real friend and not some jealous backstabber.
    Saby2284 Posts: 39, Reputation: 6

Apr 5, 2007, 08:20 PM
    Let Her Live her Life and u Live yours. When She Needs u Just Be there for her and be Her friend. Please don't make her Choose Because that's just going to break up your Friendship with her. We all live life and Grow and Date and do things.. Remember, In Every Relationships it Will Never be The same as when you were in middle or High school.. I know what you are going thrugh me and my Best Friend have been Friends for 11 years and its not the same like we were in middle school we'd both live our lives I ended up have my family and she did too. We still talk like once in a while but we are still Friends. I really hope that I helped u..
    Universal Truth Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Apr 5, 2007, 08:31 PM
    The friendship is important, but you don't have to ignore it completely. Stop being so damn selfish and share your friend. You could always try to become friends with her boyfriend. If you support her decision and let her boyfriend know that you support it, you can maintain your friendship and still get to hang out.

I've been dating the same girl for-ev-er (7 years). My friends have never complained because they always invite her when they invite me. She doesn't always go with my friends and I on our trips, but it makes everything easier. I wish her friends were the same way. But instead they like to be selfish, like you are being.

If the relationship does end up lasting, who do you think she is going to hang out with more? The boy friend who is supporting her choices, or the friend who is telling her she is making mistakes?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My best friend is making me choose [ 17 Answers ]

Okay I went out with this guy for 5 months and recently we broke up my best friend hates him and I mean hates him she doesn't even know him they go to the same school and she often told me she hears a lot of things he says about me but I don't believe it because me and him are very close and were...

I am losing my best friend [ 1 Answers ]

My best friend and I have been friends for about 10 years, we were like sisters. I moved away, but we were still close, you know like nothing has changed. Then she got engaged to her ex boyfriend. It was out of the blue, but it still was her choice. Well, she failed to tell me about it and I...

Who should I choose [ 5 Answers ]

OK I'm going out with this guy and I love him and everything but there's another guy that I also like and I no he likes me. But the problem is, is that I'm stuck between both of them. They both told me that they love hanging out with me becoz I make them happy. I don't no which I too choose. I love...

Who should I choose? [ 12 Answers ]

I have been single for quite a while and then all of a sudden I met a friend who I was at school with which was over 5 years ago for names sake I will call him John, well we became friends and then one day out of the blue he asked me out, we get on really well as friends and was a bit shocked when...

Losing a long time friend [ 3 Answers ]

Hi last September I lost contact with my best friend of 4+ years over something so stupid. It would take down forever to write what happened but I'll try and write something brief: Basically it started because me and another friend of ours was invited out by some old school m8s last minute. She...

View more questions Search