Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    barnhart_38 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 09:44 PM
    Quadratic equation Word promblem
    The length of a playing field is 2 meters longer than its width. If the area of the playing field is 1200 square meters, fing the dimensions of the playing field.
    Universal Truth Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Apr 4, 2007, 10:05 PM
    where is the problem?

length = 2+W
    Area = LW = 1200
    Area = (W)(2+W)
    Area = 2W+W^2
    0 = W^2 + 2W - 1200
    Are you still following?
    Just plug in the numbers to the formula and solve for 0
    A=1
    B=2
    C=1200
    does that help?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quadratic Equation word problem [ 4 Answers ]

A boat travels at a speed of 20 mph in still water. It travels 48 miles upstream, and then returns to the starting point in a total of 5 hours. The speed of the current is ____mph? I am not getting the setup right. Can someone help me?

Quadratic equation Word promblem [ 2 Answers ]

A piece of copper tubing 60 inches long is cut into two equal pieces. Each piece is formed into a square frame. If the total area of the two frames if 117 square inches, what is the length of each piece of tubing?

Quadratic equation Word promblem [ 1 Answers ]

As people age, their ateries lose their elasticity, which causes blood pressure to increase. For healthy average systolic blood pressure is estimated by P=0.01A^2+0.05A+107, were P is the average blood pressure in millimeters or mercury (mm Hg) and A is the person's age. For healthy men, average...

Quadratic Equation [ 1 Answers ]

Pick out the X and Y coordinates of the vertex from the equation y=x^2+12x-7 Thank you.

Word equation as chemical equation and balance [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me with these. I don't get it.:confused: Aluminum bromide + chlorine yield aluminum chloride +bromine Potassium chlorate when heated yields potassium chloride + oxygen gas Hydrogen +nitrogen monoxide yield water + nitrogen

View more questions Search